1985 Redhawk, Blue, 5.5" .41mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

k22fan

Blackhawk
I can't help with value. I've only seen one 5 ½ .41 RH, a blued one that I couldn't squeeze into a tight budget approx. 1986-7. The seller was a regular at our range. He exclusively shot off the bench and was very, very good at bench rest shooting. That RH produced some of the smallest 100 yard revolver groups I ever saw him fire. That tid-bit of history doesn't tag a number on any you are looking at today, but I hope it helps you decide whether or not to buy.

jsh

Single-Sixer
Just saw a 7.5 41 mag SS this past weekend his asking price was $1100. Best I could talk him down to cash was $1000+tax. It was a no deal for me.
Jeff

NorEaster

Blackhawk
I wish that they would continue to make the Redhawks in a blued version.
I just don't care for stainless guns at all
But that's just me

Interesting discussion. I probably can't help much on current value since it's been 3 years since my last purchase of one of these 41 mags. However, in that time frame the stainless revolvers had a price premium of around $100 compared to the blued version. I personally have seen more of the blue compared to stainless in 41 mag Redhawks but as stated above, don't see many of either these days out in the market place, especially in that 5.5" barrel length.

powder smoke, the one I pictured can be bought, Freds wife Marcia , told me it was OK, and would go for FAR below what they want on the auction sites..............
we just did not want to post it 'for sale' during the holiday package and mail rush...... 8)

was going to take it to the local gun show in january for her...........

k22fan

Blackhawk
mohavesam said:
Prefer blued 10-to-1.

You must not spend much time around salt water.

I do agree old fashioned polished blue looks ten times better and blued fixed sights are not nearly as adversely affected by by the angle the light comes from.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
k22fan said:
mohavesam said:
Prefer blued 10-to-1.

You must not spend much time around salt water.

I do agree old fashioned polished blue looks ten times better and blued fixed sights are not nearly as adversely affected by by the angle the light comes from.

...or get a lot of daily holster time. I love the look of a good polished blued finish but for a working gun I'll take stainless or even a good nitride finish. They don't look as nice as a blued gun out of the box but the key is they don't look much worse after years of hard use. I've already had to touch up the corners of the bluing on the gun that I've only been carrying a few months.

John