Reporting on my new 3" LCRX

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19

Hunter
I picked mine up last week and shot it a bit this weekend.

I really like this little revolver. With my standard pressure lead SWC loads I could easily take rabbits and eat right up to the bullet hole. With the +P loads it rears back a bit more (as you'd expect in a gun weighing less than a pound), but the Hogue grip tames it and follow up shots were not all that slow for me.

The rear sight adjustments are positive and repeatable. A big plus for me.

I had no trouble hitting the steel plates with mine, and my scores on the IDPA classifier, while slower than with my Glock, were just as good in terms of hits on the target.

RugerLCRX3_zps38c72443.jpg

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Nice. I'm looking forward to Ruger bringing out the 3" LCRx in all the caliber flavors they already offer. This platform would be great for 22LR.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
I can't wait for shot show to see all the new release's, this should be a good year for Ruger nuts.

RonS

Single-Sixer
.22 LR

9mm

Make a little bigger frame version in .40 and .44 Spl.

I've always preferred a longer barrel in a .38 Special snubby. A S&W Chief's Special with a 3" barrel isn't actually any harder to conceal than the 2" version but just seems like a far more shootable little gun. I understand that some of the interest in this gun is for a trail/woods/fishing gun so people are happy about the adjustable sights. But I would prefer to just buy the 3" version as a CCW gun. In which case those sights look like a big snagging problem to me. Just make it with the standard sights and I'll pick one up. And really... DAO and no hammer spur would even be better.

Gregg

welder

Buckeye
I'd like to have one in .22 or .22WMR. It'd be just about perfect as a trail or kit gun.

I saw one at my LGS and it looks much nicer in person. The stock pic doesn't do it justice, it's not a bad looking gun at all when you handle it.

9x19

Hunter
welder said:
I'd like to have one in .22 or .22WMR. It'd be just about perfect as a trail or kit gun.

I saw one at my LGS and it looks much nicer in person. The stock pic doesn't do it justice, it's not a bad looking gun at all when you handle it.

In my area, the LGS charges $20 per box of 50 .22 WMR, and $18.95 per box of 50 .38 Special.

If rimfire ammo costs ever come back to earth, I'd buy a .22LR in the same configuration, but for now I have my old Charter Pathfinder 3".

charlesappel

Single-Sixer
I put a hundred rounds of my SWCHP reloads through my LCRx 3" yesterday. It was comfortable to shoot and pretty accurate.

I would love to see it made in .22, 9mm and/or .357. (And .44 special as well.)

#1rugerman

Single-Sixer
Bought my wife a LCRX (short barrel) yesterday. She already has a LCR with laser grip and likes it but due to arthritis in her hands and lack of finger strength the double action only is kind of tough, being able to shoot it in single action mode helps a lot (found this out by letting her shoot my Ruger Security 6). So she now has a new LCRX, holster and a new set of laser grips are on order. While I was at the gun shop I got my hands on one of the keltec pump shotguns, first one I've seen in person. Kind of heavy and clunky, stock is too straight for me (had a hard time getting my face low enough to get a sight picture) it would have to have a optic for me to shoot it. Much prefer my 870.

9x19

Hunter
dglisson said:
Has anyone found a speed loader for LCRx yet?

Yes.

5-Star makes loaders specifically for the small diameter LCR cylinder.

http://www.5starfirearms.com/J2-357_38-Accessories/products/18/

A little bit cheaper from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MR9024G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A32NTOK4A3DG4U

Latest posts