gun shops NE of east of Dallas

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rtl

Single-Sixer
Been a long time in the works, but I just recently landed NE of Dallas, TX for what I hope to be my last relocation. As I joked with my former coworkers in WA; as a hairy-faced, conservative Christian guy with guns, horses and too many fishing poles I think this is where I'm going to settle. While my soon-to-be home is being finished I'm currently renting NE of Dallas, not far from the CheaperThanDirt retail store in McKinney, TX. If you know of any other gun shops in the area I should see in the near future, I'd love to hear about it.

Thank you,
rt

9x19

Hunter
If you want to drive about a half hour up US 75, check out Best Pawn in Sherman, and 20 minutes west of there on US 82 is Past & Blast in Whitesboro. Both have fairly large stock of new guns with good prices.

Welcome to God's country... sorry about the mess the cities have become, especially Austin and Houston.

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
might be a "day trip" for you, but there is a heck of a nice shop, Wiley's Guns, East of Dallas in Wills Point .... South of I-20, kinda out in the sticks. Last time I was there they had a huge assortment of firearms and a darned good selection of reloading equipment and components. Seems like they had a range also, if I remember.

jd

Arky

Single-Sixer
If you are a gun guy, Wiley's is the place to go. I think it is a long way from Will's Point, and yes, it is so far out in the sticks you will almost give up but it is worth the trip. You can make a week end of it if you are married go on to the Canton flea market to keep her happy!

jbntx

Single-Sixer
rtl said:
...as a hairy-faced, conservative Christian guy with guns, horses and too many fishing poles I think this is where I'm going to settle...

All I can say to that is: Welcome Home!!!

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Its not in the NE DFW area, but the Winchester Gallery (6054 E Lancaster Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76112 - (817) 496-3133) is a great place to check out for used handguns and hard-to-find long guns. I won't mention how much business I've done there, but I always make a run when I'm in the plex. Last time through I snatched up a No.1 international for about $640 OTD. Very good parts selection also, lots of old stock stuff.

jbntx

Single-Sixer
Check out Jackson Armory in north Dallas. It's a literal museum of guns.
It's small but jammed packed with used military rifles and handguns.

http://www.jacksonarmory.com

Major T

Blackhawk
Jacksons is normally " proud" of their inventory. Same for Ray's Hdwre. McClelland's is a nice full service store. I don't patronize Cheaper than Dirt. You do have a north Dallas Cabellas. I like to visit the Beretta Gallery in Highlnnd Park area. Definitely upper end, but nice.

Life is too short to live in Dallas, but every so often, I make the rounds of the more interesting stores.

The Winchester Gallery is worth the trip to Ft. Worth.

Welcome,

Jack

Jared

Bearcat
I lived east of Dallas for a while but moved to the country about a year ago.

I have been to most of those mentioned. It has been my experience most of the shops around the metroplex are quite a bit higher than the rest of the state.

I shop Cabelas in Allen quite a bit. I seldom buy new guns from them because they charge pretty much full retail. But the have good to great deals on used guns from time to time. I have a Cabelas credit card that accumulates points and between the coupons and points I have got a lot of great deals.

I bought a OM single six right before we moved for a marked $129.99. Didn't even try and haggle on the price. A couple of the guys in the Gun library will deal with you on the used guns. I would stop by about once a week or so and usually there is one or two things under priced in the used guns.