Question-LCRX

Help Support Ruger Forum:

#1rugerman

Single-Sixer
My wife has a LCR in 38 special with a crimson trace laser grip. She has arthritis in her hands so its getting harder for her to do the double action pull on the LCR. She doesn't have any problem when shooting my service or security six's in single action mode but she finds them too large for every day carry in her purse. My question is if I get her a LCRX in 38 special will the laser grip from her LCR fit it or does crimson trace make one for that model? I looked in the latest Ruger catalog and there was no info so I figured I would ask here. Thanks for any knowledge passed my way.

#1rugerman

Single-Sixer
Just checked the crimson trace website, they list a grip for the LCRX but no cross reference to the LCR. Looks like a new pistol and a new laser grip are in the works for her.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I think I remember reading how the design of the LCRx is just slightly different that grips are not all interchangeable amongst the rest of the LCR family.

No, a grip made for the LCR will not fit the LCRx. Depending on the grip composition, it may be modified to fit the LCRx, as I did here.
I did have to remove a lot of material to allow for the arc of the hammer.

But, by the time I've written this, maybe the grip makers have already addressed the differences.

WAYNO.