Think I can bring it back to life?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Well, I did send him a question about how he described the transfer process, but I think he just uses a boiler plate description and never edits it for a specific gun. I'll probably bid on it. I'd like to give it a shot to see what I can do to it.

edlmann

Blackhawk
RoninPA said:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=450773356
Think I can turn it back into a shooter?

"That'll buff right out."

Last pic is troubling:

pix908700012.jpg

kctgb

Bearcat
That is shameful to let a good revolver like that fall into such poor condition.

Hugh

Buckeye
Looks like the cylinder release is a mess but may be cured, find a replacement hammer. Needs some tlc with some steel wool. For sure looks like somebody's tackle box or truck gun.

I have a 3" and a 1976 4". The 4" looks like it was somebody's under the seat truck gun but cleaned up real good. The 4" is in my "go bag" along with a box of 158 gr .357.

I say go for it; just clean it up and replace the hammer.

SamV

Buckeye
No-1 said:
I wonder how much time it spent on the bottom of the lake?

That is exactly what thought. Plus I wondered why it went in the lake. Accident or not?

edlmann said:
RoninPA said:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=450773356
Think I can turn it back into a shooter?

"That'll buff right out."

Last pic is troubling:

pix908700012.jpg

I think this is caused by the condition of the cylinder release and it just won't move enough to allow it to close. If you look closely at the pic that you can see some of the hammer spring, you'll see that it is rusty also.

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Looking at pic #7 it looks like the hammer spur was broken off. Personally never saw that before... what would it take to do that?
Have to wonder if the hammer pivot pin is straight.

Cordite

Yeah it looks like it spent some time in salty mud-side of a northern road or coastal mud flat? Change out the cylinder latch, and grips. The rest should buff out?
gramps who is parroting :)

brushunter

Single-Sixer
SamV said:
No-1 said:
I wonder how much time it spent on the bottom of the lake?

That is exactly what thought. Plus I wondered why it went in the lake. Accident or not?

Yep , thats what it looks like to me also. Id be interested to know how the transfer goes :shock: that is , if it transfers. Surely they wouldnt put it on an auction site if it had a history .....