Tyler Gun Works Vaquero Case Color Fire Blue Screws Ivory

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tyler4656

Blackhawk
This one left the shop today thought I would share.
New Vaquero 45 LC
Case Color and Fire Blue screw package
two piece Elephant Ivory grips
No warning new blue and action job

tyler4656

Blackhawk
SEE you guys in Tulsa look me up. Bobby
806-729-7292
MR Bumps turned out great will ship when I return from Tulsa.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
That is one beauty of a revolver!

But where in the world is Friona, Texas? Thought I'd been through, or heard of, every place in Texas, but now you spring a new one on me.

Bob Wright

P.S. Ah, yes, now I remember ~ its down near Muleshoe, TX.

mrdix

Single-Sixer
Folks, has anybody had any work done recently by Tyler Gun Works? I sent in several items last October based on positive feedback from this forum , and just last week got back some ( not all ) of my parts . I have a string of emails a mile long telling me how my parts will ship "next week " since the middle of December .. lots of excuses . Some of the parts are top rate work showing nice craftsmanship .
I sent a Ruger vaquero that had some pitting on it , I dis- assembled the gun and just sent the outside parts , ( none of the internals ) . I received all the parts but the screws, Ejector housing , ejector , etc back . The parts I did get back , were poorly packaged , wrapped in a shop cloth , all loosely assembled , bumping into each other with some scratches occurring during shipment .
I hope all is well with Mr Tyler , the few times I have been able to talk to him on the phone he was a pleasant professional individual . His email correspondences have been slow in coming and I was told a number of times I would have my items next week .. only to wait several months .
If anyone else has any dealing with Tyler Gunworks your feedback would be appreciated .

Mike Dix

mrbumps

Blackhawk
mrdix said:
Folks, has anybody had any work done recently by Tyler Gun Works? I sent in several items last October based on positive feedback from this forum , and just last week got back some ( not all ) of my parts . I have a string of emails a mile long telling me how my parts will ship "next week " since the middle of December .. lots of excuses . Some of the parts are top rate work showing nice craftsmanship .
I sent a Ruger vaquero that had some pitting on it , I dis- assembled the gun and just sent the outside parts , ( none of the internals ) . I received all the parts but the screws, Ejector housing , ejector , etc back . The parts I did get back , were poorly packaged , wrapped in a shop cloth , all loosely assembled , bumping into each other with some scratches occurring during shipment .
I hope all is well with Mr Tyler , the few times I have been able to talk to him on the phone he was a pleasant professional individual . His email correspondences have been slow in coming and I was told a number of times I would have my items next week .. only to wait several months .
If anyone else has any dealing with Tyler Gunworks your feedback would be appreciated .

Mike Dix

Same story here. Seems to have had a lot of personal problems past several months, so I have been giving him the benefit of the doubt. He shipped it to the wrong address once (used my FFL's physical address, rather than PO Box for US Mail), but that was last November. I was finally told my gun would re-ship last Saturday. Still no gun. Asked for a tracking number and was told this morning he would get righ on it. Still waiting.

Rich

BearBio

Buckeye
Don't know. Bobby blued two Colt SAA's for me. Did a good job, touched up the case hardening. We talked about 6 months ago about having him do a conversion on an old model Blackhawk (to 38-40 or 41 Colt). I asked him to write me up an estimate and left a message to call me as I had a couple of ideas to discuss. Sent a PM, also. Nothing since................

tyler4656

Blackhawk
Ok guys sorry for the delay and that I have been out of pocket for quite a while. I had a two year little boy sick and in the Hospital. All is well and I am back in the shop going at 100%
Guys everyone is shipped out and sorry about missing the parts in the box Mr. Dix.
Thanks for being kind, understanding, and patient during this hard time. I am now accepting work again and will be back to my normal 2 week turn time! Thanks again Bobby

BearBio

Buckeye
Bobby: Got your phone message yesterday and I'll be talking to you soon. Glad to hear everything's OK with the family. I haven't done much on that Blackhawk conversion we talked about.

Everyone: Here's a picture of the two Colt's that were pretty badly rusted. Bobby reblued them, touched up the case coloring and tightened up the ivory grips.

Looks like the picture got cut off and deleted the other Colt.

gtxmonte

Buckeye
Bobby did two rifles for me, one of them had a BADLY pitted barrel around the front sight and I expected to have to cut it off or replace it. He fixed it and it looked fantastic. The other rifle was equally well done. Got both in a couple weeks. Have a Remington model 25 and an old model single six headed his way in a couple days. Great work, good price.

Sorry about the health issues Bobby. Nothing like a sick child

Monte