Single seven production #'s?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jdr308

Single-Sixer
I picked up my single seven today and as I checked out what serial number i had i was curious if anyone knew how many were produced in each barrel length?

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
I would think that would depend on what the contract was with Ruger on the number of units they agreed to build for the Distributor. It may be some time before that information is known.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
As I recall reading it was 500 in each barrel length, 70% pre-paid by Lipsey's, as a bonafide special order.
Someone knows more than I, and they will be along shortly.

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Initially, 1000 4-5/8", 1000 5-1/2" and 500 7-1/2" guns. Once those are all delivered we can re-order if the demand is there and it looks like it is right now.

peyton

Single-Sixer
Jason, that is good news. Now how about getting the "big boys" to get Ruger to make a Bisley in 327!!!

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Jason at Lipsey's said:
... we can re-order if the demand is there and it looks like it is right now.

Jason,

What kind of lead time could be expected between a re-order by Lipsey's from Ruger and delivery of Single Sevens? If the delay is significant the new product momentum may fade quickly. This would mean more marketing work for you to keep the interest high. I am generating the cash to order Single Seven #2 but I need more time to get there. Hopefully there will be Single Sevens available once the gun fund grows sufficiently large.

Cordite

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Re-orders would be quick and for "at once" deliveries. Most likely, the transition from the original order to the new orders would be pretty seamless. We don't wait until we are completely out to re-order.

medicdave

Blackhawk
Any plans for a run of Bisleys Jason? I know a lot of the guys would have to have both (and any other variations hunter/bisley hunter hint hint).

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Jason,

While I have you on this thread... I don't know if this question is for you or for Garrett but how does the Lipsey's "wish list" thing work? My dealer put a 5.5" Single Seven on his Lipsey's account "wish list" for me but didn't get any results until he called up his Lipsey's sales rep and specifically requested it. I don't want to throw anyone under the bus so I will keep the names to myself. Maybe I should ask how *should* the Lipsey's "wish list" process work? It would help the rest of us understand what is going on when our dealers say that they have put in a Lipsey's wish list item for us.

Thanks!

Cordite

Mohillbilly

Bearcat
I would have to have at least one Bisley , two if there were in blue and stainless . I would also wish for a 9 1/2 . still waiting on my 7 1/2 .......

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Cordite said:
Jason,

While I have you on this thread... I don't know if this question is for you or for Garrett but how does the Lipsey's "wish list" thing work? My dealer put a 5.5" Single Seven on his Lipsey's account "wish list" for me but didn't get any results until he called up his Lipsey's sales rep and specifically requested it. I don't want to throw anyone under the bus so I will keep the names to myself. Maybe I should ask how *should* the Lipsey's "wish list" process work? It would help the rest of us understand what is going on when our dealers say that they have put in a Lipsey's wish list item for us.

Thanks!

Cordite

Cordite,

The wish list is a function on our website for dealers to let their rep know they have an interest in a particular product. They can do it online or some prefer to call in and have their rep add it for them. We don't take traditional backorders on guns so this is the best way for us to track who is interested in what. Wishlist items aren't hard orders, so we don't blindly ship off of them, but call when one becomes available. When a allocated guns come in, we split them up evenly between the sales reps (we have 34 reps now) and they go about filling their orders. Keep in mind when something is hard to get or new our reps get bombarded with request for said guns. We sell to over 8500 different FFL accounts so when we get 100 of something in and then split them up between 34 reps it takes a while to spread it all around. One of the things we learned from the Flattop 44 Special launch is that some guys had to wait too long to get their guns, so what I do now on something like the Single Seven is take a few off the top each time they come in before we allocate them to put back for guys that have had a hard time getting a gun. I go down the list from people who either email or PM me and get a gun directed their way.

I hope this clears it up some. Its kind of hard to explain properly in a post so feel free to call me at 800-666-1333 and I can go over it more with you.

Thanks,

Jason

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Jason,

Thanks for clearing that up. I can't imagine what you and the Lipsey's sales crew go through when a new, popular firearm gets released... especially if the manufacturer doles out relatively small shipments at a time. As a member of the Ruger fan club (Ruger ravening horde?) I can safely say that we appreciate all you and the rest of the Lipsey's staff do to bring special guns to market.

It is awfully hard to be patient, though, when waiting on that new, cool toy to ship... :)

Cordite

twobit

Bearcat
Sure would like to see a run of SP101's in .327fed mag . Snub noses that is!

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Jason at Lipsey's said:
... We have a rule here, no one get's to buy one until it goes off of allocation!

Well, it seems like the best fix for the whole allocation issue is to order another round of Single Seven's from Ruger. It just wouldn't do for the Lipsey's staff to miss out on a good thing due to some pesky internal rule... :p

Cordite