Where is this located on a Bearcat?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The 'instruction manual' for the OM Bearcat states and I quote, "Remove the screw which fastens the trigger guard to the cylinder frame. In separating the grip frame from the cylinder frame take care to prevent loss of the pawl spring and plunger. These parts are located in a hole drilled from the rear face of the cylinder frame, adjacent to the upper left grip screw hole." There is NO upper left grip screw hole on any Bearcats I have.

yessir, when referring to the removal of the trigger guard on the Bearcat, the cylinder latch #PR-18 and the spring #PR-46 will fall out...these two parts are needed to keep pressure on the cylinder latch #PR-45 ( some call it 'stop/bolt') Technical writers do not always have ANY concept of just what they may be writing about, and easy to get two small plungers and springs "mixed" up or confused. The parts drawing shows them all ,in their relationship to one another ( the exploded diagram)

rugerguy said:
yessir, when referring to the removal of the trigger guard on the Bearcat, the cylinder latch #PR-18 and the spring #PR-46 will fall out...these two parts are needed to keep pressure on the cylinder latch #PR-45 ( some call it 'stop/bolt') Technical writers do not always have ANY concept of just what they may be writing about, and easy to get two small plungers and springs "mixed" up or confused. The parts drawing shows them all ,in their relationship to one another ( the exploded diagram)
I understand the parts and how to remove them. What I was curious about is why they are telling someone, that doesn't know better, that there are left and right 'grip screws', which we all know aren't there on a Bearcat. You would think that Ruger would have someone actually READ something prior to sending it to the printer.

rugerguy said:
yessir, when referring to the removal of the trigger guard on the Bearcat,,,, Technical writers do not always have ANY concept of just what they may be writing about, and easy to get two small plungers and springs "mixed" up or confused.

what I originally said, this happens all too often in ANY tech jargon, written by folks who have NO clue.......and the proof reader , is even LESS knowledgeable then the writers.
My spin on not only Ruger, but others in the manufacturing world, "never enough time to get the job done right the first time around, but always time to redo it later on....." more spent on 'recalls', than on 'QC', think about it.......... :roll:

and to further this, collectors put "extra"?? values, on any and all of these "errors", thus "S" guns, "D" guns, ,misprints, roll mark errors , and on and on....sad really :(

Dan, it's just another aspect of collecting . . . "I have something you don't have!"

Doesn't make any difference to anyone except those so interested, nor does it matter how insignificant the difference is . . . "picayune" as Bob would have said.

The difference between "scarce" and "rare" and "collectible" is strictly in the eye of the beholder, and it's what makes the hobby so diverse.

:mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen: