another .327 coming?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mohillbilly

Bearcat
I've been a think'n about a rifle that would be a good'n . How about a Rossi / Tarus / Brastech .22 pump upgraded to .327 Fed . ? TAKE DOWN ...Stainless or Blue .. A .22 lr and .22 mag have been produced already and they work well , .32 H&R /.327 would be a winner . I'd take either or both if they were available .

Cordite

Single-Sixer
There has been a fair amount of interest in a rifle chambered for .327 Fed Mag. As the cartridge was developed for the SP101 with its relatively short barrel is it fair to assume that it would perform well in a rifle length barrel? The velocity may actually drop off... Has anybody tested the cartridge velocity in a rifle barrel versus the shorter pistol barrels?

Cordite

frankenfab

Single-Sixer
Cordite said:
There has been a fair amount of interest in a rifle chambered for .327 Fed Mag. As the cartridge was developed for the SP101 with its relatively short barrel is it fair to assume that it would perform well in a rifle length barrel? The velocity may actually drop off... Has anybody tested the cartridge velocity in a rifle barrel versus the shorter pistol barrels?

Cordite

Valid point, sir, but my first 327 biased argument to that is that there have already been lever guns chambered in 32 H&R. So a 327 would have to be better, right? :D

I think a Deerfield carbine would be awesome!

dixie884

Blackhawk
I think it is funny to read about all the doubts held by .32 fanciers. I think now everyone pretty much agrees the .327 Rugers are a success. I think Jason and Lipseys had a lot to do with this and deserve our gratitude. I, also would like to give a lot of credit to Star-Line Brass. I think the ready ability to obtain new properly made and headstamped brass had a lot to do with the success of the "relaunch" of the .327 Federal Magnum. I really think that and the good design of the "woods friendly" Single seven platform had a lot to do with the increased sales potential of the .327 FM caliber and a carbine would help sales. The marketing savvy of Lipseys can not be overlooked. JMHO-YMMV.

32magfan

Blackhawk
32 guns have proven to be better seller than I thought they might. When the 327 came out in '08 it had the misfortune to coincide with an ammo shortage. The BlackHawk and GP100 are fairly heavy guns but I like them anyway. The 32s are a better fit for the small to medium guns.

The next thing besides the rifle needed in 327 is New Vaqueros or Flattops in 327 and 32-20 as a convertible. Look at what 32H&R Marlins sell for and tell me there is no market for these to be produced. I am actually contemplating having my 32-20 Marlin rebarrelled to 327.

I have been impressed by the exclusives that Lipseys has introduced. I appreciate Jason's efforts to help us get the guns we are asking for.

I will pick up my new 327 LCR on Saturday. I know I will like it. :mrgreen:

32Magfan

peyton

Single-Sixer
I sent my Marlin 32 mag to Brockmans Rifles and he lengthened the chamber, and it shoots fine. Mr. Brockman said he could not rechamber a 32-20 due to the base of the cartridge being a larger diameter. So you would have to purchase a new barrel and send both to him for the work.
You can jump over to marlinowners.com and search for my user name for more information, I was not sure I have permission to post a link to it here.
Who did you buy your 327 LCR from?

protoolman

Service-Sixer
I remember back many years ago Ross Seyfried posted a .32 mag rifle he had built custom. If I remember right it was a little single shot rolling block or falling block with a gold inlay of Diana goddess of the hunt on the side. It looked like a great little light carbine. Something similiar in .327 might be interesting.

32magfan

Blackhawk
I bought the LCR from our own ACRYLICTNK off the classifieds. I also got one of the 41 Mag RedHawks in the same deal.

The last time I looked, Gallery of guns had 327 LCRs in stock, ready to ship.

32Magfan

TinkerDave

Single-Sixer
A service six in 327 Fed Mag would be the bomb. Of course that is no longer possible-except via the custom route. Speakng of the custon route - since the 357 mag & 41 mag have the same SAAMI pressure spec (if my info is right), could a service six be done over in that calibre? Maybe a five shot? Maybe a five shot in a 41 special? Just thinking out loud. TD

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Ruger has now made the 327FM in the SIngle-Six frame, the Blackhawk frame, the GP100 frame, the SP101 frame, and the LCR frame.
But everyone wants more?
Levers, conversions, all do-able but all the same, they're not Ruger offerings.

Of course a Single-Six (no, not the flawed 7-shot cylinder) with a Hunter barrel is still missing; and a No.3-style lightweight carbine for real-life woods-walking and small game would be perfect (and I'd buy a couple). These days sadly, it seems that if it can't be made in plastic, well...

Cordite

Single-Sixer
The 327 Fed Mag is a great caliber.... Now that Ruger has stepped up with all of the platforms as noted by mohavesam it's time for someone else besides ATK to load some factory ammo for it. I'd like to see more ammo choices and some good old fashioned competition to drive prices down.

Cordite