More talk of adjustable sight bearcat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

foxtrapper

Blackhawk
From the Taffin dinner "Ken Jorgensen from Ruger was there and presented John with the first Bearcat with adjustable sights. I am under the impression that Ruger is going to start selling the Bearcat with the choice of fixed or adjustable sights."

Ale-8(1)

Hawkeye
Yeah, saw that on the Reeder site. Interesting, for sure.

Looks like a "scaled down" Single-Six.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Varminterror

Blackhawk
So....

If we look at the big picture...

The "Single Six" is no more, resigned to using that frame for 9 and 10 shot cylinders...

The Bearcat will be the new "Rimfire Frame" six-shooter...

I suppose it makes sense. I've loved a Bearcat as a trapline revolver for a long time, for as far as it can shoot, I've never felt I needed adjustable sights. I suppose I'd rather have a "Rimfire Frame" 6 shot Bearcat (or Bearcat Mag) with a 4.5" barrel than a Single 6 4 5/8"...

I'm REALLY wishing they'd have used the old SP101 adjustable sight instead of the GP100/RH/SRH/BH/SBH style...

Ale-8(1)

Hawkeye
"The "Single Six" is no more, resigned to using that frame for 9 and 10 shot cylinders..."

Well, I guess we'll see . . .

;)

single action

Single-Sixer
Okay that would be a homerun if john with lipsey's would push it could happen. What better way to teach a youth safe handling of a revolver. Wow make that happen. Just like the .44 special everyone wanted for years. IMHO Bob

cas6969

Buckeye
I'd like one. But I have an old model I paid $275 for. So unless I can get a new one for $275.... ;)

diyj98

Single-Sixer
I hope it's priced pretty much like the standard bearcat not some "exclusive, limited edition, select distributer, etc, etc" model.