iwb holster for 4 inch revolver?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i have a ruger police service six 4 inch barrel, and was wondering has anyone carried a similar gun iwb? i have a chance to get a choice of two holsters, one is thin leather and the other is thicker leather both iwb holsters. the thin leather isn't but the thicker leather is molded to my gun. i have a pancake holster coming in but thought in summer a iwb might be better if it can be done. i'm 5`6" and 160lbs, has anyone carried a gun like this iwb and it go ok? just want several carry options in case different situations arise. thanks

savit260

Bearcat
4" mid frame is a piece of cake IWB. I use a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake holster with "inside out" straps. Conceals easily under just a loose fitting T shirt.

Kyhunt

Single-Sixer
I'll second a simply rugged. While I don't have a security six I do carry my sp101 in a simply rugged and sometimes carry iwb. I need here to real soon order a couple of new holster from them. I need something for my 5 inch gp100 and my wife's Xds.

Although I have an Simply Rugged for my Redhawk, when I needed an IWB for my 3 inch SP, I didn't know of them. I bought and use a Ken Null holster. Billed as "the best holster never seen". Ken has made holsters for many of the alphabet agencies, and other discerning professionals. Good luck in your quest!
gramps

GunHawk

Single-Sixer
Carry a S&W 19 4 inch in a TT gunleather IWB/OWB. It rides a little high for me, but I'm a little short in the body. The nice thing about this holster is that it has a steel band so it doesn't collapse, this makes re holstering easy.

john123456

Bearcat
i use the simply rugged as well with a 4 in n frame s&w 45colt mountain gun a vaquero sheriff 45colt and a 3in gp 100 and im very happy with them

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i have a chance to get a choice of an iwb holster at a good deal, one is nylon the other leather. the leather one has a steel clip and is $8 more than the nylon which uses leather straps connected with chicago screws. which would be the better one? thanks