Ruger sp101 grip question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

texasfish

Bearcat
Just picked up a sp101 3" barrel and I want to pick up a pachmayr compac grip for it as it is a little fatter than the stock grips. I also like the way the uncle mike rubber grips look but have never had one in my hand. Any one have a uncle mike grip on their sp101 and how does it compare in size to the factory stocks?

Jeffro57 said:
No Uncle Mike's for me. I'm too busy deciding which set of chigs grip inserts I'm going to use on the stock grips. Is it just me?

I have Sack Peterson's Elk antler inserts on the original. Making it my BBQ gun! SP-101 with 3 inch barrel here also. Different sized hands require different handles. Good luck in your search!
gramps

David LaPell

Blackhawk
A set of Chigs grips English walnut inserts on my Sp101. I was going to change mine out too but I found the recoil wasn't that bad and the factory grips conceal just fine.

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
Am I wrong in my assumption that Uncle Mike's grips are not made anymore (for the Ruger SP101, at least)??

I saw a set installed on a "target grey" SP101 that is behind the glass at my LGS, and do like the profile of them.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have used the Hogue's on a couple of our SP-101's with satisfaction. We teach a lot of ladies & we allow them to try different feeling grips on identical guns. We have a set of factory stock ones & a set with nice wood inserts. (The wood inserts were a "karma" to Miss Penny several years ago.)

I'm with Contender. I vastly prefer the Hogue to the stock grips. Angle is just a little better so the trigger guard doesn't whack my knuckle. You can shoot 357's with them easily enough too. The only ones better are the Trausch grips. Good luck finding some of those. I'd love to get about 4 more pair. They make them for early models and late models so it's important to be careful.

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
I'm also a fan of the Badger boot grips.
These are, admittedly, not for everyone. The grip angle becomes more "aggressive" with the Badger boots mounted. It requires the shooter to really make sure that your arms are fully extended and wrists locked (otherwise, your sight picture is too high).

I LOVE that, because my SP101 is my defensive handgun, and I assume an aggressive firing stance regardless of weapon or grips that I am using.

The Badger excel at concealment, as they do not grip clothing, and are super short (preventing printing, even under a simple tee shirt)

markallen

Bearcat
Theres always Trausch.......if you can find them. I have had the stock grip, Pachmyers, and tried a Hogue from my brother.

The Trausch by far, for me, the best grip I've tried.

Latest posts