Guess what I'll be doing this weekend?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
cowboyload.jpg~original

:D :D

427mach1

Blackhawk
Um........, playing cowboys and Indians? Where is your stick horse?

Have fun and let us know how the Georgia Arms ammo works for you!

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Well that was fun. Killed a bunch of ballons. :D

Really like these Georgia Arms rounds. Makes the .41 mag recoil feel like a .38 special. Tried out a grip & technique that Jim Finch demonstrates in the below video, including the thumb fanning, which went really well. Sure does empty a cylinder fast :shock: . Easy to get back on target compared to my normal hot loads (210gr, 1560mv). I'll be ordering these from GA again.

I didn't do any penetration testing this time with them, so don't know if they'd be suitable for HD. Given the low mv I'm not expecting much. Might set up some boards tomorrow and see how they do on pine.

Pretty clean rounds. Hardly any powder residue, etc. after 50 rds. No leading I could see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtPnRRxuOuc

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Did a little penetration test on some really old and dry pine with these SWC's today . Approx. 10' range. 5 out of 6 would not penetrate 1.5" and the one that did looked like it hit a soft spot in the wood. No expansion, just a little scrubbing on the bullet. So I'll say probably not a good ammo for HD, although it would hurt to get hit by one.

schloss

Single-Sixer
A good comparison in pine board shoots would be to see how well it performs compared to 22RF. Something I would like to do. Did you happen to do that?