New look for the FR series!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer

Field shooting is the motivation behind this set up....there is a thread farther down that explains it...

and yes I know the traditional wheel gunners dont like it...

hittman

Staff member
Ok, I'll show my ignorance :oops: What is the "FR series"?

And, welcome to the Forum!

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
It's a free float shroud that allows one to shoot from a rest of any kind in the field. Like shooting sticks. A shooting rail. Bog gear and so on. The base gun is a gp100.

The shroud prevents poi shift.

These guns are consistently shooting sub 1/2" at 100 yards.

I hate to link other forums but you can jump around to some other ones and see the groups and videos.

This gun will be shot on steel past 500 yards. Final goal is to do the 1000 yard jerry shot but not once. All 6 shots. And from field shooting conditions like off bog gear a pack or something.

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
There is a lot more work done to this gun besides a barrel

But no it's not line bored. And yes it's shooting SUB 1/2" at 100 yards.

All 3 of these guns shoot like this. It's not a fluke or a hummer.

It's not bs. Wouldn't do me any good to bs it. Several others have shot these and done great.

The shooters have been all different skill levels. Most have been able to shoot Moa reguardless of their skill level.

Were shooing these more like a specialty pistol than a wheel gun.

I can't get to the link fr

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
Sorry. Fat fingers on the phone. Hit submit early.

I can't get to the link from my phone but there is a YouTube video of it being shot to 150 yds.

Search Franken-ruger.

Ernie bishop. A well known long range specialty pistol shooter will be doing the distance shooting.

And once again. This is totally not bs. Or a stretch. Or any of that sort. Everyone is more than welcome to shoot this thing.

I know I'm new here. Never came on this forum till someone posted stuff about the Franken ruger prototype some time ago.
You can see more of my work and such on many other forums and Facebook.

Vortex

Bearcat
I like it!
Are you able to mount a bipod to the shroud? I can't tell from the pics.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
Ah ha!!! I was going to ask if this was gonna be Ernie's GP-FR... I can definitely get behind this one!!!

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
Now Remember I am not the long range shooter. That's Ernie.

I'm shooting off boggear. First time grouping the new set up at 150 yards. My scope went down and is on the way back to the manufacturer so I'm running a loaner. Just using some loads were in the shop. Not tailored to this gun. 140 xtp over blue dot.

I was shooting off boggear just like I would in the field if I was in a stationary blind or ground set up. Using a small rear bag. Fairly stable but the psr rest on the bog gear does swing horizontally under recoil for me anyways.

First round was my sighter shot. It's the high one. Other 5 are in the mass at the bottom. It's 3 1/4" not counting the sighter. Plates 8".

I think the horizontal nature of the group is mainly the psr rest.

[/URL

[URL=http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/bcgunworks/media/imagejpg2_zps4db4881d.jpg.html]

Ernie Bishop

Bearcat
Patience now on the 1000 yard shooting ;)
My first goal is to shoot six shots, 2 MOA or sub 2 MOA at 500 yards on steel.
If that goes as planned, then I will begin working my way out to see what is possible.

From shooting the first two prototypes I know they are the most accurate revolvers I have ever shot.
Chris came up with something special on this conversion.
I can't wait to get mine.

bcgunworks said:
This gun will be shot on steel past 500 yards. Final goal is to do the 1000 yard jerry shot but not once. All 6 shots. And from field shooting conditions like off bog gear a pack or something.

Latest posts