Ruger Letter Wait Time?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Vortex

Bearcat
Does anyone know the current wait time to get a letter on a firearm from Ruger? Thanks

deserttrans

Buckeye
I did one a few weeks ago. It took less than 10 days from Arizona. The info was very limited even if you asked for specific information. You could get more info when we used to call in by phone.

Well, that's about all we got back in the day, and ya had to figure out the finish and barrel length from the model number most of the time. Thanks.

If I could get a model number and ship date over the 'phone, I'd be a happy camper.

;)

Vortex

Bearcat
Hopefully my letter arrives soon. I am more interested in the ship date then anything else.

Vortex

Bearcat
My letter arrived today along with a Ruger patch, decal and instruction manual.

Vortex

Bearcat
My letter included the ship date (month & year), model number BKH-44 and the caliber. No barrel length or finish was given.
I will try and get a picture of the letter up.

Vortex

Bearcat
IMG_2440_zps83d719cf.jpg

. . . aaaaaand now we have a problem.

A December 1956 .44 flattop would not have been a BKH-44. That's the number for a 4-5/8" .45 Blackhawk from the 1970 era.

A 1956 .44 would have been a BKH-46 as only the 6-1/2" barrel was available at the time, but it would probably not even been referred to by "model number".

Nice work, Ruger. Charge $10 and provide bogus information.

:roll:

Vortex

Bearcat
I'm actually on hold right now with Ruger Customer Service to complain about this letter!

Vortex

Bearcat
Customer Service told me they have nothing to do with the letters and told me to call the records dept. Records dept has a message stating they do not take phone calls.

Not Happy!

Go to the Ruger website and "TELL THE CEO" . . .

https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO.html

Might help . . . might not . . . worth a try.

The "new Ruger" . . . bah!

:x :x :x

Vortex

Bearcat
Not a happy camper today!! I just called every phone number Ruger has and got absolutely nowhere! I just had to email them to try and get this straightened out.
Not impressed.

I will try the tell the CEO route next!

Vortex

Bearcat
emails have been sent! I will let you know what kind of responses I get.
I also asked the CEO in my email for a job in the records department. I'm guessing I can do a better job then the current crew.

I'm beginning to think there isn't a "records department" anymore.

I called a few months back to see when the info would be available again. Talked to the nicest young fellow who said he could provide the info. Gave him a couple of serial numbers and in a couple of seconds he gave me the "ship dates" and said that was all that was available. I'm certain he was just reading off the Ruger website serial number chart, because both of the "ship dates" were in the ranges we know to be wrong on that site. I said "thanks" and hung up.

Bill, yer company is slipping rapidly, and more's the pity.

:(

Vortex

Bearcat
The first ship date they gave me a few months ago was off that same chart. I was all excited today when I got my letter in but then the model number error was pointed out to me. Hopefully I get something thats actually correct mailed out to me soon.

kinda like when you do call and get to talk to someone about ,say a 'standard auto', and they go into their spiel about its a Mark I........... 8) :roll: :wink:
( I did, with BOTH parts AND service....) :(