Hand Gun Racks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
These 8 gun racks from Brownells are built supper well, thick plastic coated and they are space savers for sure...I got room for more stuff !!!!!

v48p3l.jpg

I have a safe full of those and they work great. The only issue I have had is the ones that were in the gun safe that got some smoke from the fire inside had to been scrubbed and cleaned REALLY well or I would get rust starting where the cylinders touched the plastic. That smoke is terrible for sticking to plastic like those are coated in.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
gramps said:
Shizzzaaam! That is a collection alright! Do you know Radical Rod?
gramps

I don't know him personally but we have chatted on the forum a few times.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Robb Barnes said:
I have a safe full of those and they work great. The only issue I have had is the ones that were in the gun safe that got some smoke from the fire inside had to been scrubbed and cleaned REALLY well or I would get rust starting where the cylinders touched the plastic. That smoke is terrible for sticking to plastic like those are coated in.

Robb was the fire inside the safe or inside the house ????

adam12

Single-Sixer
I love these but I couldn't find them on the most recent online "mailing" I got from Brownells. Any idea where I could get them? They sure are slick, or maybe they just look that way because of all the gorgeous revolvers resting in them!!

32shooter

Blackhawk
Looks like you have a few with some maple on them. Did you make them yourself? I have several with maple on em' and really like the way they look - birdseye or curly, they all look good!!

Kanook

Buckeye
Get 4 pieces of 1/2" x 6" pvc and put them on the legs/corners of the rack. It will lift them enough to put more goodies under the rack.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
32shooter said:
Looks like you have a few with some maple on them. Did you make them yourself? I have several with maple on em' and really like the way they look - birdseye or curly, they all look good!!

Shooter.....The plow handle maple is from 41Mag and the birdshead grips are from Lone Star. How about a look see at what you have ???

JPG

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Kanook said:
Get 4 pieces of 1/2" x 6" pvc and put them on the legs/corners of the rack. It will lift them enough to put more goodies under the rack.

Kanook....That is a super idea, the front legs are shorter than the back legs but it can all be worked out. I do have a few more I am chasing down and I don't have the shelf room for another 8 gun rack due to the long guns.

Thanks again for the idea.

JPG

roylt

Hunter
So where are all your boxes? I keep mine in the boxes to stay "safer" in my mind. I could see shooter units just hanging out but keepers are boxed for me.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
roylt said:
So where are all your boxes? I keep mine in the boxes to stay "safer" in my mind. I could see shooter units just hanging out but keepers are boxed for me.

In the closet on shelves. In my office/gun room/computer room/cave I leave the door open and look at my stuff, and take them out and play with them.

JPG

azleite

Single-Sixer
Hi Folk's, I'm looking for racks like this to go in my (much) smaller gun cabinets. Instead of laying on their sides I could get two in there standing up. I guess what I'm asking is, are these made two or three wide as well? Thank's for any help-Dave

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
azleite said:
Hi Folk's, I'm looking for racks like this to go in my (much) smaller gun cabinets. Instead of laying on their sides I could get two in there standing up. I guess what I'm asking is, are these made two or three wide as well? Thank's for any help-Dave

AZ....These racks are from Brownells, they come in 4 - 6 - 8 gun racks. # 100-000-579AN, 580AN, 100-006-709AN. Page 343 if you have access to a book.

JPG

a

32shooter

Blackhawk
JPG, Here are the few that I have. Not quite as many as you have, but I still have a few that are going to need some replacements. Been adding some elkhorns lately but thinking I need some more maple. First set on a .32, second set on 38/40-10mm Buckeye.

JPGLSG said:
These 8 gun racks from Brownells are built supper well, thick plastic coated and they are space savers for sure...I got room for more stuff !!!!!

v48p3l.jpg

Versatile Rack Company makes racks that look very similar, or are perhaps the same thing as shown by JPGLSG.

Here's a link to their page, showing their racks that hold anywhere from 1 to 10 guns. Should be able to come quite close to a "perfect" fit for any shelf in one's safe.

http://www.versatilegunrack.com/collections/versatile-rack-company/handgun-racks

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
32....Those are some sweet looking grips on your guns and some different calibers as well. I'm still trying modify this gun box to fit all the six shooter. My latest attempt below is still shot of what I need. I think I am going to take some the racks to my welder friend and make them longer and try to come up with another shelf. My Brother keeps telling me "I told you so, you needed a bigger box"

2mqizrp.jpg

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Uncle Howie....Why didn't you send me this link three months ago with the 10 gun and 2 gun racks. I've got enough room on the fist two shelves for a 10 & 2 and a 10 on the third shelf and room for three 4 gun on the other shelves, with room for my black rifles as is.

Thanks
JPG

Dan in MI

Staff member
I made something like that almost 20 years ago. Started seeing them for sale about 10 years ago. Been kicking myself ever since.

Absolutely the nicest way to store handguns. (that get used)

contender

Ruger Guru
I could give lessons in how to get the most out of safe storage. Let's just say I have WAY more guns in one safe than most ever imagine possible.
But those racks are nice!
It was mentioned about adding leg extensions. I offer this instead;
The shelves are adjustable in height. Get more shelf brackets, and build another shelf. Raise & lower the current shelves to where you gain the unused space. Then add another shelf.

Also, for the "poor boy" version of those plastic coated handgun holders. There is a kitchen accessory called a pot lid holder. They come in various sizes & a few of them are excellent for holding handguns. Wally world used to sell one that was perfect, and only cost about $4. I now scrounge the yard sales, thrift stores etc for them.

Latest posts