Help Support Ruger Forum:

MatisW

Bearcat
Just bought this, having a little hard time finding holster for it

it is a bit longer than the Alaskan and shorter than the 4" redhawk

any ideas?

whichwatch

Blackhawk
Internet is full of custom holster makers, Simply Rugged is only one of them, decent holsters for the money too. Google custom holster makers, choose carefully, some are better than others. Look around and you'll find something, it doesn't take long for most of them to come up with a design for the newly released guns.

MatisW

Bearcat
thanks, I definitely tried google before asking in the forum, I will keep looking.

I have one coming myself. I expect I'll either use a holster from Simply Rugged or one from Davis Leather in Kuna Idaho. I'm wearing one of his holsters now for my S&W 6906. He does excellent work. www.zackdavisleather.com

Fowler

Single-Sixer
I can not say enough good things about the Simply Rugged Sour Dough holster. I have one on as we speak with a 2 1/2" Smith 19 in it and my brother carries his 3" Smith 629 in one. If you buy it with the in-the-pant straps it can be work as a normal holster that carries really well, paddle style holsters manage the weight of a gun better than any other holster style I feel but then with the straps can also be worn in the pants for concealed carry. For the money it is a tough holster to beat and be typically turns holsters in a few days.

Go for one if these holsters and I promise it won't be your last Simply Rugged.

MatisW

Bearcat
It looks great, except that I don't wear a belt, does that holster have a paddle to allow me to wear it without a belt, it is not clear from the website.

downzero

Bearcat
MatisW said:
It looks great, except that I don't wear a belt, does that holster have a paddle to allow me to wear it without a belt, it is not clear from the website.

You're not going to be able to carry a 50 ounce gun in a paddle holster.

http://www.nelsonleather.com/ is what I recommend. I just got my handmade holster from them today for my 4.2" Redhawk.

MatisW

Bearcat
Just shot it for the first time yesterday, it packs a punch, you gotta know how to hold it, not too high,
it is very accurate and "fun" to shoot.

it is built like a brick outhouse

If you can't find the proper holster you could pass it along to me and let me continue the hunt.

Same to BPJ---when you get tired of it, I'll be the first in line. Just get it broken in for me and I'll be happy to take a discounted deal. :mrgreen:

MatisW

Bearcat
this is not going to be my regular carry gun, I just need something good when I do decide to carry it
FYI, my work requires me to wear a jacket/coat, so concealability is easier

http://www.unclemikes.com/holsters/sidekick-holsters/sidekick-vertical-shoulder-holsters

http://www.unclemikes.com/holsters/sidekick-holsters/sidekick-cross-harness-shoulder-holsters

MatisW

Bearcat
ok, I tried a Sidekick Vertical Shoulder Holster from Uncle Mikes, but didn't like all the straps, too complicated, I was sweating by the time I got it on.

I ended up going with a paddle holster from Uncle Mikes, size 0

the draw is very smooth,

I have been wearing it on the front of my hip near my front pocket.

it is a big heavy gun, but it is not my every day carry

the paddle holster works fine. It is a simple, grab and go, when needed.

Smee781

Single-Sixer
Ya my LGS has one and I was looking it over real hard, I just wish they would make one in 45C. I would not of left with out it then. HELLO RUGER/TALO make mine in 45C!