Lispey 3.75" 44mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
I've had this gun for over 3weeks & finally got to shoot it yesterday.
Shot everything from 240cast loaded with 5gr. of Titegroup to 320gr. CastPerf. loaded with 22grs. of H110. With the 300gr & 320gr. I have to say what a handful.
I probably fired 150rds. & I'm very pleased with its performance.

medicdave

Blackhawk
I've got one of the talo versions with a bit of tweaking done to it and it's a shooter. I really prefer the short barrel for toting around. You might talk to JB at bear paw geips about some bisley grips in his pattern the really help change the feel on heavier loads.

Bear paw bisley grips

Pal Val

Buckeye
Same gun, same results. I put 200 rounds through mine yesterday. I had just put in a Bowen sight, which I like a lot. The little gun is more of a shooter than I had imagined. I just decided it's going to be my camp gun from now on.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
I have one of the Lipsey models as well. Been taking it to the range with me the last 3-4 trips. Its a nice revolver, and easy to carry but lately I been thinking of selling it and buying a S&W 69.

What do you think would be a reasonable price to ask for it? It is like new with the box.

whichwatch

Blackhawk
Nice gun bit I can't make myself like the Bisley grip configuration. Not a Bisley fan in any way. Guys that have them seem to like them however. Not for me!

dlhredfoxx

Single-Sixer
I did a custom build off of a Lipsey's this past Spring for my son's birthday. She turned out really nice and she is one heck of a shooter to boot! Rounding the butt of the grip frame really made a difference in the way the Bisley grip feels. It rolls back nicely in the hand. The grips are Scott Kolar burled redwood and the cerakote is 40% graphite black and 60% Tungsten. It has a Powers half cock hammer and trigger set with a Powers free spin pawl in it along with a Bowen Rough Country rear sight.

Foxx...

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
dlhredfoxx that's a very nice unique Bisley.
As far as mine goes I'm gonna leave it stock for now. Maybe do a lil more trigger work on it but that's all. Those heavy full power loads do bite but I don't see myself shooting a whole bunch of those in a row.
I always said my 45colt with the 3.75" Birdshead Grip handles full power loads the best. It rolls down in your hand a bit to lesson the bite.
The thing that hurts the worst is the trigger guard hitting my middle finger.