Ruger Super Convertible 22 Hornet and 218 Bee finally done!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tyler4656

Blackhawk
Finally finished the 22 Hornet , 218 Bee Convertible project. Wanted to share. Wow it shoots SWEET!

tyler4656

Blackhawk
Thanks
A good fiend of mine from gunsmith Old Pueblo Gunsmithing from Av did the machine work and I did the Color Case and the Bluing.

Tapered cases backing out under recoil?
We took this into concentration and with proper machining we are not having any trouble with this. Thanks Bobby
Tyler Gun Works
Friona Texas

5of7

Hunter
I would be interested in the chronograph results and the loads used....

Anyway it looks good and should be quite an effective varmint gun within reasonable range limits. 8)

stevelutah

Bearcat
Nice work. I bet that is a fun shooter. I like the concept and think the hornet out of the weighty 7.5 sb would be a great small game getter and reloadable to boot. Man these forumns could get expensive.

stevelutah said:
Nice work. I bet that is a fun shooter. I like the concept and think the hornet out of the weighty 7.5 sb would be a great small game getter and reloadable to boot. Man these forumns could get expensive.
Welcome to the forum! Rugeritis is prevalent here, and incurable. It creates an itch that is assuaged for a time by buying a Ruger, and shooting the snot out of it. The cycle repeats itself endlessly. :)
Nice gun and interesting concept. Do you reload?
gramps

mhblaw

Blackhawk
I have a Bowen conversion of an OMBH to 25-20. Had trouble with cases backing out when reloading with faster powders. With 4227 or H-110 no problem and shoots great.

tyler4656

Blackhawk
There is a way to get around those cases backing out. Pm me for more info. I am building a 25-20 right now.