Taller front sight for a Redhawk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Vulcan Bob

Single-Sixer
Hi all, well I had my new to me standard model .44 Magnum Redhawk out to the range today. Had to crank the rear sight clean down to zero my 240gr loads at 25 yards. My 300gr loads impact 5 1/2" high at 25 yards. Checked with Ruger and unless I didn't look in the right place they seem not to offer any front sight other than factory original height. The loads were, 240gr Nosler JHP's over 24.0gr of H-110 mag primer and 300gr Hornady XTP's over 19.0gr of H-110 mag primer. Any ideas about who offers a taller front sight and how much taller? Checked with Midway and found some Marbles with the fiber optic dots but nothing else. All reply's would be welcome!

Aggie01

Blackhawk
You can also get a lower rear sight blade. I believe the redhawks come with higher rear blades than the blackhawks, but they are interchangeable.

dlh38or45

Single-Sixer
Bob Forkin from White Sulfur Springs, MT worked on my Redhawk years ago. Smoothed the trigger and added a taller front sight.

Use the search feature on this forum. I had two SBH with that problem. New blades from Ruger=free! You didnt mention if you have a pinned front sight or the plunger type. Good luck.
gramps