Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerBH103

Bearcat
I have a thing for small frame / short barrel revolvers. I own the following:

- Ruger LCR
- Ruger SP-101
- S&W 642
- S&W 60-15 3inch

I would love to hear some suggestions on what to look for next. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sorry for the bad picture, I need to get some lessons.

charlesappel

Single-Sixer
You seem to be in need of a small Colt. Any of the following would solve this "problem". :wink:
Colt Diamondback 2.5"
Colt Detective Special
Colt Agent
Colt Cobra

Ruger BH, I'm in your camp, nice guns there. I prefer the 3" SP101. Charlesappel is right the Colt Detective special or one similar are nice as well. I think you might consider one of the Ruger Six series in the 2-3/4" barrel, maybe the Security Six or the Speed Six. I like them so much I have one of each.

What do you carry for a walk in the woods? Might need something for that.

RugerBH103

Bearcat
Good ideas. I do have a GP-100, blued, half lug, 38 only. Also a 41 Blackhawk and a 22 S&W model 18. I like the colt ideas, it is just going take a lot of overtime to join the colt club. I have looked at the Six series as well. So many choices.

DGW1949

Hunter
Both the Smith Model 36 and Colt's Detective Spl perty-much define ""classic snub nose".
You just missed an older nickled Colt that went for $400 in our Forum Classifieds....and an old Smith "flat latch" which sold a few says earlier.
Either would have been great for adding to a collection, or even for usin'.
Patience is the key.

As far as cost goes, it's been my observation that it don't take much "overtime" to buy a rather nice old-school shooter, and besides that.......Class never goes out of style, eh?

Just sayin'.

DGW

eveled

Hawkeye
If you don't have one already, I'd recommend getting a .22 snub nose. My 317 s&w gets a lot of use.

Hugh

Buckeye
Looks like you have enough of the little guys. How about a 4" Six series Ruger revolver or maybe a 4-5/8" New Model Blackhawk .357.

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
"Both the Smith Model 36 and Colt's Detective Spl perty-much define 'classic snub nose'. "

Or, you could try to find a S&W M15 2".