0906141459.jpg

0906141459a.jpg

Last week
0910141707a.jpg

0910141707.jpg

This week
0915141742-1.jpg

0915141743.jpg

I'm really pleased with the way this little chunk feels in the hand. I had a snub Security Six about ten years ago, and never liked it as well. This snub Speed Six, however, is something I've been searching for (at a reasonable deal) since I was first able to carry a handgun (almost 30 years now I've been licensed). :)

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i have a 4 inch service six i'm concealing now, have been thinking a lcr or sp101 for a smaller gun. but now i think i'm gonna try to find a service or speed six with a short barrel. that gun looks great, yep that's what i'm getting, i hope.

Erich

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the kind words, amigos. While I like the -Six series DA guns for their size, I sure do like the later GP and SPs as well. I carry both on hikes quite a lot - they are solid and accurate, and don't mind a little rain or sweat. And they're delighted to launch any of my warm handloads - something about a 180-grainer at around 1250 fps that says, "No thanks, Mr. Black Bear."

25sep90040001yyy.jpg

12july12SP-101002.jpg

jframe

Bearcat
Nice gun, Erich! I'm used to seeing you with S&W's on the "other" Forum. :eek: I, too, love a Speed Six. Had a stainless one a few years ago, and traded it like an idiot. Now I'm looking for another with that 2.75" barrel.

ginzo

Single-Sixer
I'm stuck on the six series guns now. Also a newbie to them. I love that hammer. I think you may have guided me to where I can get one or two. Still on the wish list though.

How did you clean it up might I ask? Great job!

Erich

Single-Sixer
Thanks, gents - there's been one more addition, and I think she's done now:

1018141700a.jpg

1018141700.jpg

It feels great and points wonderfully for me now. This is a revolver! :)

ginzo, honestly, the only thing I had to clean up was a touch of rust - I did that by putting down a light oil on the affected area and just kissing the rust with superfine steel wool. I then wiped it off and re-oiled with Ballistol, which I'm finding really does a nice job of protecting bluing (and which can be used on woods as well - the factory walnut stocks I installed later have been getting coats of Ballistol every time the gun does).

Erich

Single-Sixer
I must say, these have been in the back of my mind since the Eighties - I had a snub Security Six once, but it never did it for me the way this one does. :) Fun to find something one's always kinda wanted . . .

ginzo

Single-Sixer
Your a VERY MEAN MAN! Stop posting pictures!!!! :mrgreen: I like the "T" handle? Nice job on the clean up. Thanks for the secret. I also have used 0000 steel wool when I cold blued that Security six and found out by accident that it helped "blend" the bluing. I just touched my SS speed six with the 0000 just to see if it would clean up some fine scratches. No go, and I won't risk anything else just to make it look a little bit better. It's more than fine like it is.

Chuck

Erich said:
Thanks, gents - there's been one more addition, and I think she's done now:

1018141700a.jpg

1018141700.jpg

It feels great and points wonderfully for me now. This is a revolver! :)

ginzo, honestly, the only thing I had to clean up was a touch of rust - I did that by putting down a light oil on the affected area and just kissing the rust with superfine steel wool. I then wiped it off and re-oiled with Ballistol, which I'm finding really does a nice job of protecting bluing (and which can be used on woods as well - the factory walnut stocks I installed later have been getting coats of Ballistol every time the gun does).

jframe

Bearcat
Erich, your pics put me on the hunt for one. Found one on Armslist right here in Alabama
and got it. The guy I got it from is supposed to mail the original grips to me to replace the Hogue monogrip, so I'm wondering if you might have another of those Tylers laying around? :) I don't think a S&W one will work, so I posted an ad in Classifieds for a number 8. Really like these old Six guns!

Latest posts