Shopping Cart

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gander Mountain has the Raspberry SR22 on sale this weekend for $199.99. I have a bunch of granddaughters so I went to pick one up. While I was there I saw this KBN-34 for the same money so it found it's way to my shopping cart as well. It has some warts, but hey, I thought the price was very right and I now have my first Ruger center fire revolver. Guess I'll have to get some ammo for it.

roylt

Hunter
I've paid 200 for crap guns. That looks great to me! Wish there were gun shops around here. I have to look online for deals and everyone else is looking too so "deals" are very hard to find.

Congrats and if you ever want to sell I'm sure you will get your money back.

roylt

Hunter
Also I didn't think Ruger made a stainless blackhawk except the distributer only convertible with the extra 9mm cyl. ??

roylt

Hunter
I just found it. Model 309 and 310 was the distributer special.
Also notice retail on your purchase shows 729!! Man you got a deal. Jealous....

street

Hunter
roylt said:
Also I didn't think Ruger made a stainless blackhawk except the distributer only convertible with the extra 9mm cyl. ??
Yes! Ruger has made the Blackhawk in 357 mag. Stainless Steel non-convertible in 4 5/8 and 6 1/2 in. bls from 1974 on.

Thanks for the kind comments. It was just too good a deal to pass up even though I wasn't really looking for one. Yes, it seems to be the 0309 which is currently listed on Ruger's web site. Mine was made around 1996. As I said, it has a few warts, but if it shoots okay, I'll probably just ignore them or remove the easy ones since it's stainless. The grips are in perfect shape.

The only down side, so far, is that it weighs 46 OZs. For those of you doing the math, that's 2 OZs shy of 3 LBs! I'll probably be glad it weighs that much when I start shooting it.

Finally got it to the range yesterday. A son-in-law and I ran a box of ammo through it and we were both grinning ear to ear. It's a keeper. Now to get some leather :) and more ammo :( . I think it's going to be kind of hungry for a while.