Ruger Ivory Grip Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

zoyt

Bearcat
Hawk-

No fussing. My wife hollers at me too.
You said "work on selling your ivory". Consider it done. Just posted in Classified. Now let's see who the real players are.

Thanks for your help.

street

Hunter
zoyt said:
Hawk-

OK. I always hear better when I'm shouted at! It seems reasonable to assume that Ruger would not have put out ivories without their trademark on them. I do suppose that the same "vendor" that supplied the medallioned ivories to Ruger could also have been selling the same ones without the medallions in the secondary market. Just my thoughts. I don't much care at the end of the day...just want to peddle these ivories.
Yes! Even though the same vendor would be selling the same type Ivory grips on the secondary market, the fact that Ruger installed the medallion and shipped them from their factory makes them "RUGER FACTORY GRIPS"!!!! This is why they command a much larger price from Ruger Collectors then other Ivory grips.

P89DC

Single-Sixer
Maybe that's not the best link. I am a member of the Midwest Tool Collectors and they had a big column about it in this month's magazine. It's going to be impossible to certify the age of most ivory antiques and they will not be able to be sold or passed on to relatives.

Here's an article from February 2014:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/new-rules-will-ban-import-and-export-of-ivory-and-make-it-harder-than-ever-to-sell/2014/02/11/de666c5a-934e-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html.

:

zoyt

Bearcat
Gents: Sold the Heiser holster for $450. Not sure who that makes right on the estimating discussion. Now it's time to sell the ivories. Is that still legal? Previous post cited article but I didn't find effective date of ban. Thanks for all the help. Anybody want to buy these ivories? PM me.