Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
Nope, nada, that's all folks... :wink:
P1010002modified.jpg

awp101

Single-Sixer
TX, home of DeeDee Snavely's Used Guns and Weapons
OK so the factory didn't make a non-Hunter. Maybe that's a sign I should look at the blued models again or maybe I just don't need one. Or maybe the Hunter will grow on me... :lol:

Thanks!

G2 said:
Nope, nada, that's all folks... :wink:
P1010002modified.jpg
Is that the AcuSport? Whatever it is, I like it and I'm not a Bisley grip fan! :mrgreen:

Groo

Bearcat
Groo here
I wanted a 41mag working gun in SS.
Went to Andy Horvath and he converted a New Vaquero 357 to 41mag.
Replaced the barrel, line bored the cylinder, tuned the action and marked the frame.
They are Keepers!!!!!!

Oh by all means, you can go for it and do an 'old model', go half and half if its stainless you want, here is one we did recently for my friend Fred, the retired, former Navy Seabee, served in Viet Nam in mid 60's and he just LOVES the old model 41 mags and wanted the best of 'both ' worlds, so off came an inch and stainless parts where he wanted them...do the comparison.........

awp101

Single-Sixer
TX, home of DeeDee Snavely's Used Guns and Weapons
I've got my eye on a couple of .41s, both NM IIRC. I haven't found a .357 that I can get into cheap enough to justify the cost of a caliber conversion (I think the "cheapest" conversion cost I found from a 'smith I would trust was over $800).

If I can get into a blued .41 cheap enough, I might have someone like Ford's do a matte chrome or nickle finish. I really like the looks of this finish: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=209687 I realize that one is stainless but in the pics it looks like it has the brushed finish I like.