Snubbie Score - Couldn't Pass It Up

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doc540

Single-Sixer
You know how it goes.

Local guy listed a Smith snubbie.

Noticed it had a flat latch.

Some hooplehead had refin'ed it with Cerakote.

Someone tried removing it and gave up.

I learned to polish and spent about 8 hours taking it back to the nickle (without removing the nickle...that's a real trick).

Seller says he'll give me the original stocks, too.

1955 Chief's Special Lightweight

(rollmarks are crisp, that's the glare)
dd99afeb-068c-4a44-af68-de3db8dd67ce_zps4119e956.jpg

doc540

Single-Sixer
Thanks, Hunter!

I've been shooting more and typing less. :)

How?

VERY carefully. ;)

For the large areas I used a cloth buffing wheel on my bench grinder and red rouge.

Start light, stay light, reapply rouge over and over again.

Resist the urge to hurry and lean into it.

Small areas, like inside the trigger guard, I used a Dremel, felt wheel, and red rouge.

Then I polished everything several times with blue Flitz.

Final step is 2 coats of Renaissance wax.

Hope that helps.

20140827_181842_zpsmambj2dr.jpg

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Nice find!
My snubbie addiction resulted in an intervention. AT one point I had more than two dozen, including the shorty Speed-Sixes and several Security-Six guns (among the largest in my group). The sickness wasn't helped when my 90-yr old neighbor admitted she had her deceased hubby's roscoes - three department-tuned Detective Specials and an unused, ANIB S&W. Wife#1 saved our lives with a snubbie (while my Commander slept in the truck). I've won lunch money many times when pals scoffed at my Security-Six being able to hit a milk jug at 50-yards-plus. And - they just look cool when they're all tucked in together in a lined drawer in the safe.
There is nothing like having the 101% reliability and security of an Airweight tucked away somewhere on your person.

Again, good score. There is no known cure...

Bucks Owin

Hunter
There is a fine old but minty Colt Cobra in the estate of a recently deceased uncle. I don't want to appear as the grave robber of the family, but I would dearly love to have it... :?

exavid

Hunter
I don't have any right now but it's weird about revolvers. Snubbies aren't my bag but I really like revolvers with 4" barrels, they just looks so perfectly proportioned to me.

Alejand

Bearcat
A CB radio or "citizens band" radio is the perfect medium range communications tool. The average store bought 2 way radio usually operates on GRMS or FRS frequencies. These frequencies are limited to a few miles and are limited even further by buildings, tress, mountains and all obstacles. CB radios can obtain ranges up to 150 miles, sometimes more. CB's operate on a different frequency than traditional consumer radios which allows them to obtain these extended ranges and makes them a preferable communications tools.
Many people thought that CB Radios are extinct, but they're still here and widely used to date. They are very useful and the cost to buy one is quite cheap as compared to the price of cellular phones. There usually used in business, industries, personal use and many more other applications.

Alejand said:
A CB radio or "citizens band" radio is the perfect medium range communications tool. The average store bought 2 way radio usually operates on GRMS or FRS frequencies. These frequencies are limited to a few miles and are limited even further by buildings, tress, mountains and all obstacles. CB radios can obtain ranges up to 150 miles, sometimes more. CB's operate on a different frequency than traditional consumer radios which allows them to obtain these extended ranges and makes them a preferable communications tools.
Many people thought that CB Radios are extinct, but they're still here and widely used to date. They are very useful and the cost to buy one is quite cheap as compared to the price of cellular phones. There usually used in business, industries, personal use and many more other applications.

I think you lost me with this??? :roll: