Aquired a Bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fireman Ron

Bearcat
Just got a Ruger I have never seen before. It is a 45.colt cal 5.5 inch blued Bisley with Eagle gunfighter grips. Great overall condition and the smoothest action I have had. What is something like this worth?
Thanks.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
As Robb has pointed out,,, it's worth whatever you paid for it. Of course, Robb buys guns, then spends a lot of $$ chopping, modifying, & in general customizing them.
If you feel it was a fair deal, who cares what you paid. If you do an on-line search of a gun auction site like Gunbroker, looking at completed auctions, & find the same model as what you have, you will see what the market has said. But, also look at the dates of the completed auctions. A 3 year old auction sale price can be misleading.
If, by chance, you find you paid a bit too much, do not fret. If you like the gun,,, who cares? And a wise old gun trader once told me this; "You never pay too much,,, just occasionally too soon!"

I'm not help on your gun, as I focus most of my knowledge on pre-1973 Rugers. (Unless it's a gun I like & then I buy it!)

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Yup, it's worth what it's worth to you. Don't worry about the value. If the price paid was good enough for you, that's all that matters. As a blued 5 1/2" Bisley though, I'm gonna say it's a home made bugger unless my pre-coffee Sunday AM brain is missing something. Rollmarked/unfluted cylinder?
Take it out and enjoy it. I personally love the Bisley configuration.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
Who cares what it is worth? Obviously you thought the price was fair or you wouldn't of bought it. Great revolver and I have one very similar but stainless. You should enjoy shooting it. Mine is one of the few I have no plans to sell, ever.