Bisley Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

adam12

Single-Sixer
Looking at some Hogue grips for Bisleys sold by of all people Amazon.com. Welcome to the 21st century.

Anyway, some of the nicer ones specified that they were for Bisley Model 5920B or Model 5921B or 5898B or......you get the point.

Does anyone out there have any idea what these specific model numbers could possibly refer to? I'm scratching my head so hard I'm going bald(er).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
On the Ruger box the Bisley came in, you will see the Model # and catalog # for that gun. But it doesn't matter, all the Bisley grip frames are the same no matter what model # gun they are on.

caryc

Hawkeye
Hondo44 said:
On the Ruger box the Bisley came in, you will see the Model # and catalog # for that gun. But it doesn't matter, all the Bisley grip frames are the same no matter what model # gun they are on.

Aw c'mon Hondo, you know this but since you didn't mention it, I will. There is a difference in size in Bisley grip frames between the stainless and carbon steel frames with the stainless being slightly larger. Just enough so that the same grip panels do not fit both correctly.

The pics below show the same stock Ruger grip on a stainless and carbon steel grip frame. The grip panel is even with the back strap in both pics. The first pic is the stainless frame. The next pic is the carbon steel frame. it just hasn't been blued yet.

bis-bad-fit.jpg

bis-good-fit.jpg

CraigC

Hawkeye
There's a lot of variation in Ruger Bisley grip frames. Off the shelf aftermarket grips typically don't fit very well anyway, that goes double for Bisley grips. That said, the Hogue version is thicker than factory and nicely rounded, they will probably be more comfortable than the factories.