security six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Low back example

New style, notice the "point" on the top of the grips. The top of these are shaped more like the S&W Magna grips.

ginzo

Single-Sixer
I think the serial # quickly determines early/late models. If I'm not mistaken it's around the 150 or so mark that they changed?

I'm gonna keep looking, I seen something that was a quick way to check involving serial #'s I think.

Found it, "Serial Prefix #151 and above" is/are the new style. As in the 2nd picture above.

ginzo said:
I think the serial # quickly determines early/late models. If I'm not mistaken it's around the 150 or so mark that they changed?

I'm gonna keep looking, I seen something that was a quick way to check involving serial #'s I think.

Found it, "Serial Prefix #151 and above" is/are the new style. As in the 2nd picture above.

You do have to be careful though with the s/n determination. There are 151's that are low back frames. I know, I have one (or two) :D

However, generally speaking, the 151's and up are the high back frame and you can find after market grips for them pretty easily.