Security Six Parts? Replacement spring problems.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ridge Runner

Bearcat
I just traded a used Glock 26 with 2 mags for a 4" blued Security Six in 90% condition and $200.

I always like to keep spare parts for my guns.

I have read that people who have bought the Wolff replacement spring kits are having problems fitting them.

Can anyone recommend or give me advice on what replacement spring kits to get?

hittman

Staff member
Maybe see if anyone here has an original?

Your gun missing a spring?

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i have a service six blued, i now have every single part for it in case. i got my springs from numrich, ebay and ruger, some gp100 parts are the same as the sixes as they have the same key code. that's what ruger told me, i got a cylinder pin lock from ruger for a gp 100 and it fits my service six. the key codes were the same, everything else i got off ebay or numrich. remember on wednesday numrich offers $6.50 off shipping with a code you can get from they're facebook site. if you spend $20 or less then shipping is free after that it's $6.50 off.

MarkL_01

Bearcat
I used Wolff springs in a Security Six for a good while. The trigger return spring eventually failed, and I got a replacement set of springs from Ruger.

SpartanDCI

Bearcat
If you need a spare mainspring for the Security/Speed six you can also use the Ruger 10/22 mainspring.

Back in the day, a buddy was the armorer for a Federal Agency that issued the GS32N and he said they needed some spare Speed Six springs for a class to teach the new agents to break down their pistols for detail cleaning. He said he kept a large jar of spare mainsprings at hand, and all were from the 10/22 rifle. He said at the Ruger Armorer school, a Ruger tech said that someone had been toying with a SSix with slicking up the action, and found out about the trick - which was later publish by Skeeter Skelton.

As for a spare trigger spring, I wouldnt worry about it. My issue Speed Six had over 100,000 mix wadcutter, FBI 158 LHP and 110 +P+ Treasury loads with no problems over 7 years. It did need the barrel set back twice since I eroded the forcing cone with the +P+ loads. That was always a problem when you got a couple boxes of free ammo a month to fire before quals and full training days at the range. :D

Good luck