Two tone three tone

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Throughout the past year, several of you have posted photos of your revolvers with variations of stainless, and brass grip frames, ejector housings and cylinders. I would truly like to see your guns once again as I thought all of them were great looking. Seeing them got me inspired enough to want some of my very own.

The revolvers below left Ruger as true birdshead but not quite like this. With the help of some kind and friendly Forum Members that were willing to trade/buy offer the whereabouts of and how to, this is what I came up with. I call them the tri-colors.

s2witg.jpg

faus6.jpg

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
Those birdsheads are gorgeous!

Here is my two-tone .45 Blackhawk:

IMG_2023.jpg

Some guys don't like the stainless ejector housing, but I think it looks good. I'd really like to put in a stainless cylinder someday, and I plan to do more polishing on everything.

Two-tones, reverse two-tones, tri-colors, brass grips... I like them all.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Several years ago I thought about building a Blackhawk with stainless frame and grip frame, with blued cylinder, barrel and ejector rod housing, maybe even lightly engrave the frame. This inspired by an old Remington 1875 .44.

Bob Wright

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Chuck....Thanks for the show....I see now what I missed...it was the stainless pins !!!!!

Aggie01

Blackhawk
A CCH & Stainless piece that no longer lives here.

These two are the same gun at different points along the path. From 44 mag Anniversay flattop to .500 Linebaugh

This .45 Colt is a simple custom, but a favorite

A CCH & Stainless .32 in progress

Joe S.

Hunter
this is kind of a 2 and a half tone...

bead blasted aluminum grip frame, stainless ERH, and blue... a good shooter.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
November.....What in the world is that first gun, never have I seen anything like that !!!! I likey.

November

Single-Sixer
It's a 45/410 Super Comanche. You can buy them dirt cheap! That's the 6" barrel it came with, but I also bought a blued 10" top end for it. It is LOTS of fun in 410.