Anyone bobbed an LCRx yet?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

19ontheslide

Bearcat
I must be slow on the uptake. Ruger releases the LCR, a snag-free DAO carry revolver with an internal hammer. People complain that you can't cock it. Ruger releases LCRx, same gun but with exposed, cockable hammer. And now.....people want to bob the LCRx's hammer so they can have a snag-free DAO carry revolver? I am confused.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
19ontheslide said:
I must be slow on the uptake. Ruger releases the LCR, a snag-free DAO carry revolver with an internal hammer. People complain that you can't cock it. Ruger releases LCRx, same gun but with exposed, cockable hammer. And now.....people want to bob the LCRx's hammer so they can have a snag-free DAO carry revolver? I am confused.
Yeah, I found that request a bit odd too. Maybe the OP wants a single-action capable revolver that just difficult to cock.

19ontheslide said:

I must be slow too! :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

rich642z

Single-Sixer
I have some LCRxs in stock at the store. It takes a short time at the range to get the hammer to unstiffen it self. other wise loosen up a tad.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have a little game I play with myself sometimes.
When something happens, or a new product comes out or just almost anything that could result in a "change" being made, or a decision decided, or whatever, I make a bet about whatever with myself,, just for fun.
Example; When the LCR came out, my bet was that almost immediately I'd hear somebody wish for one to have an external hammer. I wasn't wrong.
When the LCRx came out, I chuckled, & thought, we;; it took them longer than I expected,,, I lose the bet. (I'd figured that Ruger would do one in less than a year.)
When the LCRx came out, my bet was; "I wonder how long it'll be before somebody complains & wants to bob the hammer?"
It didn't take long.

May first thought after reading the post was "Huh?" I guess he wants something like the S&W (I think) Chiefs Special that has the exposed hammer but is enclosed so that you can cock it SA style, whereas the LCR is strictly DAO.

I agree Ty, build it one way and they want to modify it. Build it they way they will modify it and they want to modify it back. :roll:

WAYNO said:
19ontheslide said:

I must be slow too! :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

:D :D

diyj98

Single-Sixer
Perhaps he wants to be able to cock the revolver, but want's a less snag prone, smaller profile hammer?

VictorLouis

Single-Sixer
WOW, I got a bit of heat here for asking a question, albeit a bit TOO simply, I see. He's the only one that read my mind.

diyj98 said:
Perhaps he wants to be able to cock the revolver, but want's a less snag prone, smaller profile hammer?

That hammer seems like a snag waiting to happen, especially in pocket carry. You can't always hope to get your thumb onto the spur, and are lucky to get two fingers along the front strap. Well, at least in beginning the drawstroke. Yet, the SA capability is a nice thing to have in a revolver, especially for the unexpected distance-shot you may need to take. My Smiths are so modified.

SO...... I'm merely wondering if anyone has taken such a leap.

VictorLouis said:
WOW, I got a bit of heat here for asking a question, albeit a bit TOO simply, I see. He's the only one that read my mind.

diyj98 said:

That hammer seems like a snag waiting to happen, especially in pocket carry. You can't always hope to get your thumb onto the spur, and are lucky to get two fingers along the front strap. Well, at least in beginning the drawstroke. Yet, the SA capability is a nice thing to have in a revolver, especially for the unexpected distance-shot you may need to take. My Smiths are so modified.

It won't snag if you carry it cocked. :lol:

9x19

Hunter
VictorLouis said:

diyj98 said:

Victor,

I haven't, but I doubt the hammer is any tougher to tweak than a S&W. My wife's 36 has had a missing hammer spur for about 30 years... :mrgreen:

s4s4u

Hunter
That hammer seems like a snag waiting to happen, especially in pocket carry.

I have drawn my LCRx from every imaginable positon and the hammer has yet to be a problem. I'd rather be able to use it as designed myself ;-)