Speed Six revolvers. It was a pretty big gun show
& only found 3 Six series D/A revolvers & all
@ ridiculous prices. Anyway, saw a friend there that
I hadn't seen in a while & told him what I was
looking for with no success.

He said he thought he had one @ home in his safe
that he would sell because he was looking to replace
it with an SP101. He comes back within 30 minutes with
this & said he would like to get $325 for it.
I gladly gave him his asking price & was a very happy
to add this stainless 357 Speed Six to my small collection
of six series D/A revolvers.

Vulcan Bob

Single-Sixer
Ya done good with that one! About a year ago I picked up a blued Speed Six for about the same price. I hate to say it but that dang Speed Six just plain ole shoots better than My 2 1/2" S&W 19!

Pinecone

Blackhawk
Price right in the honest ballpark! I have a friend who I have given a standing offer of $300 for his stainless security-six if he decides to sell. I have one already but you can never have enough of these. As noted, most of them are way overpriced. I usually leave my number with those folks and a standing offer. Never know when they might get "hard up" and give you a call..................Dick

ginzo

Single-Sixer
Excellent!!!!
You seen the picture of the junkyard dog I'm working on? I saved it from the pound. It's a Security Six. I didn't know I could love a Ruger.

kemper

Bearcat
On a side note as to the only other six series revolvers I saw in the WHOLE gunshow.
I only found 3 six series revolvers. One was a blued 6" inch security six with factory grips in decent shape (holster wear) for $590 that the guy said he would sell for $575.

The other two blued Service Six revolvers with 4" inch barrels with even more holster wear and factory grips that were pretty worn on both. They both were probably old PD revolvers. One had a $550 price tag and the other had a $530 price tag.

Both vendors said they "might" come down a little for cash, but were pretty firm.
I might add I went back to the gunshow this afternoon after church all were still for sale.
These things are getting darn hard to find at a decent price.

Pale Horse

Bearcat
Last week I saw a nice blued Speed Six but the woman selling it wanted $545 for it. She had a table with a bunch of little trinkets and only two guns on it, the Speed Six being one.

Kevin said:
That is a nice looking gun. You know I've never seen one in person. Why did they ever stop making them?

They phased them out when they started building the GP100's.

Kemper, Those are highway robber prices, even as popular as the Six series have become. A blued Six with holster wear typically go for about $400 (unless it is a really rare model). Anything over about $450 (other than one in absolutely perfect NIB condition) is way too much. However, that said, the prices can go from $250-$600 depending on whjat part of the country you are in and how scarce they are in that area.

kemper

Bearcat
RoninPA said:
Kemper, Those are highway robber prices, even as popular as the Six series have become. A blued Six with holster wear typically go for about $400 (unless it is a really rare model). Anything over about $450 (other than one in absolutely perfect NIB condition) is way too much. However, that said, the prices can go from $250-$600 depending on whjat part of the country you are in and how scarce they are in that area.

Your right Ron. I look for them and try to buy them in the $275 to $400 max range unless it's
a speed six 9mm or some other rare variation, but I fear that price point may be quickly coming
to an end and the new reasonable price point will be in the $350 to $450 range. :?:

k22fan

Blackhawk
Pinecone said:
[...] As noted, most of them are way overpriced. I usually leave my number with those folks and a [$300] standing offer. Never know when they might get "hard up" and give you a call..................Dick

If debt collectors ever have me chained to the rack in the dungeon stretched out 8 ft. tall I might beg them to call Pinecone before they turn the wheel again. However, I'm not a penny in debt and won't be borrowing in the foreseeable future so don't hold your breath till I sell you my Security Sixes.