NM .30 Carbine?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tellico

Buckeye
I just received my NM Blackhawk in .30 Carbine and the thing has an XR3 NM grip frame like the Flat top .44 that I had to replace because it was too small and no grips fit? Haven't checked for a lock yet? The grips are short of the frame and you can see clear through and see the mainspring just like the Flat tops. The ears are a full .030 too high also. Oh well I guess I will be buying another short barreled .44 Super GF. as I have a very nice pair of Sack's elk XR3 red grips I was going to put on it. Not complaining. Just letting you all know what you might get from Ruger these days. Interesting.
Fred

KDF

Bearcat
I have a .30 OM Blackhawk, and used to have the NM. For me, they are loud with a lotta noise and flame, but shoot straight as the dickens. <><

Tellico

Buckeye
KDF said:
I have a .30 OM Blackhawk, and used to have the NM. For me, they are loud with a lotta noise and flame, but shoot straight as the dickens. <><
I traded my 4 5/8ths OM for this NM. It was loud and a lot of flame alright, but my old eyes need the long sight radius. :lol:
Would have liked it to have a XR3 red GF. I will fix it if it shoots well.
Fred

chet15

Hawkeye
Tellico said:
I just received my NM Blackhawk in .30 Carbine and the thing has an XR3 NM grip frame like the Flat top .44 that I had to replace because it was too small and no grips fit? Haven't checked for a lock yet? The grips are short of the frame and you can see clear through and see the mainspring just like the Flat tops. The ears are a full .030 too high also. Oh well I guess I will be buying another short barreled .44 Super GF. as I have a very nice pair of Sack's elk XR3 red grips I was going to put on it. Not complaining. Just letting you all know what you might get from Ruger these days. Interesting.
Fred

Yeah...there's lots of goofy stuff going on at the factory lately (AGAIN!!!). Looks like they put the wrong grip frame on your gun. And if there's 1, there's more. :(
chet15