Ruger Super Redhawk raw casting from NH

Help Support Ruger Forum:

22MAGBEARCAT

Bearcat
I was approached by the son of a long time Ruger employee from New Hampshire. His Dad had passed away leaving 30 years of Ruger collectables and castings. He found out somehow that I was a Ruger fan and collector. I am still going through everything but just wanted to share these. A box of castings. I am sorting out the Rugers but they cast for a lot of other gun companies. I will try to post interesting items as I find them.The sign is about 12x12 and was made at the foundry for Ruger displays. Thanks for looking.
rugersrh1.jpg

ruger.jpg

Terry T

Buckeye
Don't know if the raw cast frames are problematic without serial numbers. It's an ATF question (if you dare to ask!). :shock:
Kind of cool, none the less.
Terry T

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Castings are perfectly legal in all 50 states. Castings are only 80% complete and ATF does not consider them a firearm. There are several companies that sell castings for AR-15, AK-47 and 1911s. The buyer then finishes the machining of the gun which is also legal as long as you do not build more than 3 firearms in your life time.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
lfpiii , Where did you get the three in your lifetime thing from?
There are several guys here,
http://www.homegunsmith.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi
That have built several in just the last year. No mfg. license is needed if you DO NOT SELL or transfer them. Maybe that is an Illinois law ???

Latest posts