TALO's 2 1/2" Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag Real Guns write up

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toroflow

Single-Sixer
Nice gun! I'll have to get one also. Finally Ruger saw fit to produce what S&W has been producing since 1985 (short barreled, round butt 44 mag).

wizzard

Bearcat
is it just me, or did anyone else just know that was going to be chambered in .45 colt and is now a little disappointed. lol

RCP1936 said:
Adjustable sights on a 2 1/2 gun
Look ugly and unneeded

If a person never leaves the big city, maybe so.

I've spent a good part of my life up in the mountains, and the gun you're carrying could very well be called on to be actually used. I've shot many short barreled revolvers at ridiculous distances, and their accuracy can be pretty incredible. Adjustable sights are very necessary if you're gonna shoot long distances. This gun could serve well as a survival piece, and the adjustable sights do become necessary.

This revolver is a bit smaller, and it's a .357, but the concept of a short barrel, adjustable sights, and a rounded grip frame is the same. Spanning many years, I carry this revolver in the woods and mountains more than any other.

For comparison, here's the Redhawk...

Only my difference of opinion.

WAYNO.

pyth0n

Buckeye
wizzard said:
my bad, I see they list one in .454...
That's an Alaskan in .454 for comparison.
"The table that follows places the TALO into context with other Ruger products. The Ruger Alaskan 454 was included as a revolver of similar size, but the next power level up in a short barrel revolver."
If Ruger decides to make it a cataloged item they'd probably offer a .45C, as they did with the 4".

DPris

Buckeye
Nope, they're not out yet.
Should hopefully be a couple more weeks.
Denis

RCP1936 said:
SHOOTER said:
They should have put
Novaks on that! Or on the round butt only.
Adjustable sights on a 2 1/2 revolver are dumb
You obviously haven't read the thread. Maybe Novak sights should be an option? There are those of us who require adjustable sights due to the distances involved as well as changes in ammo.
gramps

SpartanDCI

Bearcat
I like the looks of this new Ruger. Back in the day I sent a 44 Redhawk to Larry Kelly to be chopped and round butted with a Mag Na Port job and carried it for years in South America and later working Diplomatic Security in the Middle East. Handguns were mostly carried for show in the Middle East, but at the firing ranges from Jordan to Iraq to Saudi Arabia - it was always a good show to see American shooters put 6 rounds of Magnum handloads into the steel targets at 50 and 100 yards with my Ruger, while the locals couldnt hit the poppers at 25 yards.

I'm already selling extra gear to grab one since I like the looks of the new Talo Redhawk. It does remind me of the old Security Six!

Nice job..... :D

RonS

Single-Sixer
The shorter the barrel the more important having the sights just right is. Take a revolver with a 6" barrel and one with a 2" barrel and move the rear sights 0.01 of an inch and see how much change you get at 25 yards.

Nice looking gun.

NorEaster

Blackhawk
SHOOTER said:
They should have put
Novaks on that! Or on the round butt only.
+1
The Wylie Clapp type of sight configuration would make that the cats @$$