is this good stuff?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
ok i have decided to keep my service six, no more posts on trading i promise. it just shoots and feels to good to get rid of. it will be something i can pass down to my son, and i was wondering about this stuff. BLUE WONDER ARMADILLO GUN & METAL RUST PREVENTATIVE. never heard of it before and thought it might be an option to get for my gun. thanks

Can you post a picture of your Service Six. Glad to see you didn't do the trade by the way. There is a guy in the classifieds who does hot bluing services. He's over here in TX though, but his prices seem pretty reasonable. What about getting it completely redone? Then it'd be like a brand new gun. Or put your money into reloading equipment.

I'm the same way. I don't have a large budget for guns, and when I get some money it's always difficult to figure out how to spend it. Another gun or just a better scope for a favorite rifle, new trigger for a 10/22...choices like that.

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
Kevin said:
Can you post a picture of your Service Six. Glad to see you didn't do the trade by the way. There is a guy in the classifieds who does hot bluing services. He's over here in TX though, but his prices seem pretty reasonable. What about getting it completely redone? Then it'd be like a brand new gun. Or put your money into reloading equipment.

I'm the same way. I don't have a large budget for guns, and when I get some money it's always difficult to figure out how to spend it. Another gun or just a better scope for a favorite rifle, new trigger for a 10/22...choices like that.

here's the gun, it's got about 90-95% bluing good, only bluing off the frame is a tiny spot at barrel tip on each side. the cylinder had tiny specks of rust to small for the camera to pick up, smaller than pin head size, about 10 or so on the entire cylinder but i get them off easy with oil 0000 wool and flitz. i guess i fretted to much since this is my first gun with rust, always bought new before but budget wouldn't let me and i got real lucky and caught a guy getting into turkey hunting for the first time. he wanted all the latest gadgets, got this gun for $150 and lockup is tight and very accurate.

427mach1

Blackhawk
boomer92266 said:
Jimbo357mag said:
I didn't know Armadillos had a rust problem. :D :D :mrgreen:

they didn't in the dry air of the southwest, but they have moved north in more humid air. :D

An armadillo is nothing but an up-armored opossum. They must not be using corrosion resistant armor.