The Ruger they'd have to build from the ground up

Help Support Ruger Forum:

drastic_quench

Bearcat
It seems like when people get to dreaming about the revolvers they'd like to see from Ruger, the realists chime in that they're very unlikely because Ruger would have to re-tool and start a new production line.

So tossing all that realism out the window, if Ruger came to you and asked what would you like in a Ruger revolver? What do you want? It could be a one off, or meant for mass production.

I've got quite a few, but I'd love to see a long frame Ruger -- especially in double action - just because the BFR already exists. Imagine a 45-70 Super Redhawk! I could sure go for a 357 MAX Super Redhawk too (with as many holes as that tough 454 cylinder can hold).

4 or 5 shot 480 Blackhawk Hunter.

I'd most love to have a 4" Super Redhawk without the "plumber's barrel." Here's a decent photoshop I found on another forum. Skip the porting for me.

kGqqJJ5.jpg

drastic_quench

Bearcat
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I would take THAT gun in 460. Since Ruger doesn't make it, I'll have to put off some 1911 purchases and cough up some $$ for a Smith.
Excellent taste. Have you considered the 460 BFR?

drastic_quench said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I would take THAT gun in 460. Since Ruger doesn't make it, I'll have to put off some 1911 purchases and cough up some $$ for a Smith.
Excellent taste. Have you considered the 460 BFR?

The Single Action from magnum reasearch? Yes, actually, its a great looking weapon. In fact, a buddy of mine has one chambered in 45-70. Every time I see him, it's like he is trying to interest me in it without actually coming out and asking me to buy it. lol. It's like a funny game almost.

Could I get one in Hunter edition to match my .44?

Or, let's go a bit further here. If I REALLY wanted to throw some money Ruger's way and get them to completely retool...

Add lever action rifles and pump action shotguns. I know of 3 gun stores who would go stocking dealer program just for that.

Sugar River

Buckeye
drastic_quench said:
It seems like when people get to dreaming about the revolvers they'd like to see from Ruger, the realists chime in that they're very unlikely because Ruger would have to re-tool and start a new production line.

So tossing all that realism out the window, if Ruger came to you and asked what would you like in a Ruger revolver? What do you want? It could be a one off, or meant for mass production.

I've got quite a few, but I'd love to see a long frame Ruger -- especially in double action - just because the BFR already exists. Imagine a 45-70 Super Redhawk! I could sure go for a 357 MAX Super Redhawk too (with as many holes as that tough 454 cylinder can hold).

4 or 5 shot 480 Blackhawk Hunter.

I'd most love to have a 4" Super Redhawk without the "plumber's barrel." Here's a decent photoshop I found on another forum. Skip the porting for me.

kGqqJJ5.jpg

All it takes is money.......
Hamilton calls it the "Real Super Redhawk" or the "GP44".

http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/workshop.html#TheRealRugerRedhawk

bnewberry

Single-Sixer
I would like Ruger to produce:

1. a 6 shot .45 ACP double action revolver that uses moon clips.
2. A 5 shot .480 Ruger, Bisley single action revolver.

twobit

Bearcat
I want a five shot 45colt double action with a short barrel for concealability capable of strong 45colt loads.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
The reason I went with a 454 BH instead of the 480 BH is because theirs way more bullet selections. And you could still shoot 45colt cowboy loads if you wanted.
200gr. Barnes to 395gr. CastPerformance. And maybe even a little lighter or heavier?

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Funny, I was just thinking about this last night.

I was thinking about a .32-20 or .32 H & R Magnum, six shot, 4" barrel, with a two-piece brass grip frame. The grip frame more closely like that of an 1849 Colt Pocket Model, blue. Maybe even send the frame to Doug Turnbull for his color case hardening.

Blue or nickel, no stainless stuff.

Bob Wright

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Am I missing something?
I just looked at Rugers web page & they've discontinued almost all calibers in the #1 rifle. All the common/popular calibers.

diyj98

Single-Sixer
A 44 special on the SP-101 or even GP-100 frame. Not one with anyone's name on it, special exotic wood, etc. Just a nice standard production revolver.

drastic_quench

Bearcat
diyj98 said:
A 44 special on the SP-101 or even GP-100 frame. Not one with anyone's name on it, special exotic wood, etc. Just a nice standard production revolver.
No kidding. Ruger could kill the Charter Bulldog with this gun.

diyj98

Single-Sixer
drastic_quench said:
diyj98 said:
No kidding. Ruger could kill the Charter Bulldog with this gun.

I have a couple Bulldogs now, but only because they're pretty much the only option.