My SP-101 is in town

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I stopped by the local gun shop to see if my SP-101 had come in and by George it had! I got to inspect it and check everything out, then get a receipt to go to the local County Clerk to get the stamp and then have to go pick it up. The shop is closed until Wednesday and I am going to try my darndest to get down there when I can to pick it up and hopefully get to the range Thursday. Already looking at a fiber optic sight for it, grips and of course I will have to order a Simply Rugged holster! Can't wait but at least I know where it is!

Awww, the dreaded wait. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel. When I had an SP and put a new sight on it, I had to drill the sight. Most of the ones I looked at required this. Pretty simple, I just held it in place with vise grips and used my Dremmel to drill it.

MnBulldog

Single-Sixer
Well worth the wait, and the simply rugged holster is a perfect match to your Sp101.

Congrats and good shooting

contender

Ruger Guru
The stupid laws that require a person to wait on receiving a lawfully purchased item boils my blood.

However,, I'm glad to hear you have your gun closer to home & you! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

diyj98

Single-Sixer
contender said:
The stupid laws that require a person to wait on receiving a lawfully purchased item boils my blood.
I had the same thought when I started reading the post.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
David LaPell , You are going to love it. I have three, four counting the .22.
They are just sweet to have in your hand and a blast to shoot. Built like a little tank.
Enjoy!

David LaPell

Blackhawk
My SP101 is home, I'll work on some pics later. I like the factory grips but they are a bit big for my liking. Who makes a decent boot grip that won't break the bank? I have seen the Pachmayr Compacs but I don't know how much shorter they are then the factory grips.

TheDude

Single-Sixer
I love Badgers boot grip for the SP...very solid grip, highly recommend it. Its the one on the bottom in the picture. Of course I haven't tried them all so I am sure there are other good ones out there too.

Josh

31756f5f-c866-4f70-a283-f09364898c75_zpsb18af115.jpg

mohavesam

Hawkeye
contender said:

Yes, NYS subjects enjoy the life of purchasing personal property, but registering it (and themselves) with the state and asking for government permission BEFORE being able to possess that property. And then only using it in state-approved manners. And for most NYS subjects, that seems perfectly normal and acceptable.
- Just one of the reasons I can never return my family or business to the place I was born & raised.

What was the question? :? :?: :?:

jjmIII_Ruger

Single-Sixer
David LaPell said:
I like the factory grips but they are a bit big for my liking. Who makes a decent boot grip that won't break the bank? I have seen the Pachmayr Compacs but I don't know how much shorter they are then the factory grips.

Factory is too big? The Pachmayr Compact is the same or slightly bigger?

great pics: http://rugerforum.net/ccw/16293-there-better-sp101-grip-than-factory.html

Put

Single-Sixer
This could be another commercial for the Texas Chamber of Comerce. Move to Texas. See gun, buy gun, shoot gun.

Hope you enjoy the gun. Getting a new one is always a lot of fun.

montegomx70

Single-Sixer
congrats on the sp101, its too bad that upstate NY is a part of ny at all because it's really beautiful up there, if were not for the gun laws it would be a place i would like to move.