Price of a used Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
A coworker has a blued Redhawk 7.5"bbl. PAC. grips (no original). No scope model.
It's in good cond. he wants $500.
Should I jump on it or pass?

black029

Single-Sixer
New ones are in the $720-750 range plus tax, so that seems pretty good. Again, given that it's in good condition.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
It's not 100% or anything. I'm thinking 80/90%?
Just off the top of my head I was thinking the value to be in the $550 to $600 range. Maybe it's a better deal then I thought.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Their was one on here a couple weeks ago. The exact same one but it's marked sold. If I buy this one it'll be the 3rd Redhawk I've owned. All of them were blued but with the ring notches in the bbl.
The 1st one I bought new back in 91but the thing shot like yugo so I traded it for a Blackhawk 45. (Which is all so long gone)
The 2nd one I bought for $500 with a Burris scope & extra grips. It shot pretty decent. But I needed $$$ & sold it for $500 back in 05. I all so bought a gold bead & v-notch sight for it. If I get this one I'd like to find that same sight for it.

hittman

Staff member
Too bad it's not local to me ..... I'd take a hard serious look at it for that price. But .... I like 'em ~ a lot!

mohavesam

Hawkeye
OK, A - they will never make another blued Redhawk. (as far as "never" means to Ruger).
B - $500 is a very good price of course. Also figure in how many weeks/months it takes to find one in best condition.
C - the price of the gold bead/Express sights today will astound you...

Buy one!

Fragman

Bearcat
It seems decent to me.

I got a blued 7.5" with the scope ring cuts just last week. It's in extremely nice condition.

Seems to be unblemished other than a very faint turn mark, so like many used .44 mags, it probably wasn't shot much.

It was on consignment and I paid $450. But that was without the scope rings themselves, box, papers etc. Just the gun. That said, even though it came with nothing else, considering how nice the finish is, and how tight it is, I considered myself pretty lucky. I definitely would have paid a lot more for it.

I believe $500 for the one you are looking at is still a great deal.

FWIW, mine has a 501-8xxxxxx serial number, which puts it at a 1987 I think.

19ontheslide

Bearcat
The only thing better than a Redhawk is a blued Redhawk. I passed up a decent deal ($650) on a very crisp 5.5" blue one a few years ago, and I still haven't forgiven myself.

6gun

Hunter
SweetWilliam said:
Their was one on here a couple weeks ago. The exact same one but it's marked sold. If I buy this one it'll be the 3rd Redhawk I've owned. All of them were blued but with the ring notches in the bbl.
The 1st one I bought new back in 91but the thing shot like yugo so I traded it for a Blackhawk 45. (Which is all so long gone)
The 2nd one I bought for $500 with a Burris scope & extra grips. It shot pretty decent. But I needed $$$ & sold it for $500 back in 05. I all so bought a gold bead & v-notch sight for it. If I get this one I'd like to find that same sight for it.

Sounds like you never keep a gun you buy so why spend the money in the first place? just rent a gun at the range once in a while.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
6gun I've kept plenty of guns. But why keep a gun that doesn't shoot good. And we might all not be rolling in dough like you so sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! Just ignorant.
I plan on buying this gun but it might have to wait for a month or so. I got burned bad at work Thursday with hot asphalt on my neck,arm & both hands. So I might be off work for at least 3 weeks or more. Money might be tight & I've never filled workmanscomp so who knows how long that'll take.
But I will say if I do finally buy it & it doesn't shoot to my standards it will be sold just like all my other guns that were useless.

princeout

Blackhawk
Sorry to hear about the burns. You'll be in our prayers. Be cautious and careful with them as you heal!
Tim

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Thanks princeout. It's pretty bad but I'll live & I've definitely learned.
The guy said he'd hang on to it for me. But I told him if he finds someone else in the mean time to just go ahead & sell it.

6gun

Hunter
SweetWilliam said:
6gun I've kept plenty of guns. But why keep a gun that doesn't shoot good. And we might all not be rolling in dough like you so sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! Just ignorant.
I plan on buying this gun but it might have to wait for a month or so. I got burned bad at work Thursday with hot asphalt on my neck,arm & both hands. So I might be off work for at least 3 weeks or more. Money might be tight & I've never filled workmanscomp so who knows how long that'll take.
But I will say if I do finally buy it & it doesn't shoot to my standards it will be sold just like all my other guns that were useless.

You got quite a list of Ruger guns that didn't shoot well for you, ever thought maybe it's not the gun but the shooter?..... gripping wrong, trigger pull wrong etc.....your stating all the signs of a person that needs more practice.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
6gun said:
SweetWilliam said:

You got quite a list of Ruger guns that didn't shoot well for you, ever thought maybe it's not the gun but the shooter?..... gripping wrong, trigger pull wrong etc.....your stating all the signs of a person that needs more practice.
You've out done yourself again 6gun. This post is more ignorant then your last.
Maybe you should go rent a book on manners, I think theirs probably one out there called "Why am I such an Rosie O'Donnel?" If not maybe you should write it.
Now why don't you move along.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
And just for the record I've had 2 Rugers that didn't shoot to my standards. Maybe your standards are set to low 6gun.
An sp101 that I just traded for an OM 357 that shoots great. And the 1st Redhawk I owned that I traded.
Like I said the other guns I sold for money reasons. Not that it's any of your rude & ignorant business.

6gun

Hunter
Just trying to help you out and to understand to many people blame the gun when they need to practice and work on their grip and trigger pull, so go ahead and be arrogant guess a expert shot like you don't need any help or advise cause it's all the Rugers fault. :roll: