Wiley Clapp (inspired) SP!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joe S.

Hunter
i saw on the other forum that Talo and Ruger are bringing out the Wiley Clapp inspired SP101!! now, as an owner of a WC GP100, i was excited about this news, until i saw the picture on the thread was of the 2 1/4" model. i really used to want the 2 1/4" model, but have really grown fond of revolvers with 3" barrels as of late. i really hope they offer this with a 3" barrel as well. a 3" barrel SP with Novak sights really appeals to me!!

Joe S.

Hunter
My 3" model wasnt bad. Hut a few of the newer ones i've seen/ heard of have felt like 15 lb pulls... My LCR spoils me.

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
What next? A logical extension may be a Wylie Clapp inspired Redhawk in 4"?

Good things are in stall for us friends. We have all been
Well behaved and extremely patient.
Just a hunch- nothing more!

Bob R

Single-Sixer
I like it. That should sell well. The SP101 is a great concealed carry revolver. I have both a 2.25 and a 3 Inch. I really like them both. The Willy Clapp version is an improvement that I was not expecting.

It is no big deal to improve the trigger by the way. Springs, Shims, and a little polishing here and their.

http://www.sp101trigger.com/index.html

Bob R

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Yeah, I did the trigger job. It's a lot smoother. But it's still too long. Lighter springs helped a bit, but resulted in light strikes. I just don't find the sp101 trigger acceptable; even on a carry gun. That's just me. Yes, the LCR has spoiled me too. The sp101 with an LCR trigger? That would excite me. :mrgreen:

So...

Ifns any of you fellers see this available before I do, or if any of our online FFL types find these available, give me (especially me :mrgreen: ) and the rest of us a holler.

I don't want this going the direction of the Wiley Clapp GeePee where they were all sold before I even knew they existed.

WAYNO. :D

magnaportssk

Bearcat
I wish they would install the windage adjustable rear sight found on the original SP 101 .22 and leave the front sight as is.

magnaportssk said:
I wish they would install the windage adjustable rear sight found on the original SP 101 .22 and leave the front sight as is.

I could live with that too, if it would have remained an option. But on the other side of the coin, the sights on the Wiley Clapp models are much better sights.

Jeepnik said:
Nice looking handgun, but for whatever reason, I still prefer the Speed Six to the SP, and the Security Six to the GP. They just feel better in my hand.

I agree here too. I never acquired a taste for any GP100 other than the 3" adjustable sight model, and now the Wiley Clapp edition.

But there is a place in my life for the SP101. Again, that's why there are so many options to cover so many likes, dislikes and needs.

WAYNO.

WAYNO said:
magnaportssk said:

I could live with that too, if it would have remained an option. But on the other side of the coin, the sights on the Wiley Clapp models are much better sights.

Jeepnik said:
Nice looking handgun, but for whatever reason, I still prefer the Speed Six to the SP, and the Security Six to the GP. They just feel better in my hand.

I agree here too. I never acquired a taste for any GP100 other than the 3" adjustable sight model, and now the Wiley Clapp edition.

But there is a place in my life for the SP101. Again, that's why there are so many options to cover so many likes, dislikes and needs.

WAYNO.

True, but I wish they were still making the Speed Six and Security Six. Heck, maybe they'll follow S&W's lead and introduce a "Classics" line. :mrgreen:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
These have hit the street already. Davidsons received a bunch today, and I believe Zanders has them in stock also. Looks like they will run around $600 through my FFL.

Latest posts