Has anybody owned or shot the new

Help Support Ruger Forum:

steve8261948 said:
Talo Toklat in .454 Casull?
Steve

I've done neither but I own a 454 Alaskan and I've had some others. I like my Alaskan, truth is even in Alaska if I wanted something heavy I'd carry the Buffalo Bore 325 HC. You recover from the recoil faster and they will penetrate a moose both shoulders. Nice looking gun though.

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
I bought one about 3 weeks ago. Have not shot it yet. Previous I owned the Redhawk 7.5 and 9 inch and the 2.5 Alaskan. Sold em' all around the beginning of the year.

This 5" Toklat seems a nice balance between the 3. I am also waiting to see if Ruger will come out with some sort of new Redhawk in the near future.

Don' t know for sure but it seems like a few Toklats came on Gunbroker lately. Seems like they sort of turned the presses back on and a few sort of just appeared.

Maybe clean-up models? Am glad I got one now!

I picked up a pair of them last summer when they first came out. They balance well in the hand. I especially like the extra sights they come with. The bead front with the V notch rear are quick to pick up. Its a great shooting piece, not quite as easy to carry as an Alaskan, but shoots better with the longer barrel.