grips.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gak

Buckeye
_Xutf-8XBXSU1HMDE2MzAuanBnX_.jpg

+1 on ebony....there's striped and solid...I'd say the darkest, most solid you can get. Private Schultz made a pair for me and they're great, mounted on a .44 Sheriff SS. (Pic is actually of it's identical cousin, .357 Montado)

...and someone (s) mentioned American holly
_Xutf-8XBXSU1HMDA1MjcuanBnX_.jpg

caryc

Hawkeye
gak said:
+1 on ebony....there's striped and solid...I'd say the darkest, most solid you can get. Private Schuktz made a pair for me and they're great, mounted on a .44 Sheriff SS.

The solid black ebony is Gabon Ebony. I quit using it because the hardwood dealer in my area closed down. The stuff he had all came in short sections between 12 and eighteen inches long and from two to about three inches in width. It was also waxed on all sides and ends so it was hard to tell if there were any hairline cracks in it. Sometimes a hairline crack would show up when I started cutting into it.

But at least I'd get a look at it before buying it. I'm just not going to pay the high price for it sight unseen. It's expensive and sold by the pound. I forget now what I used to pay for it.

Joe S.

Hunter
All the ebony at my dealer is 1/4" thick and looks like it came off the back of the scrap pile.

I like light wood on stainless guns! I know whatever you choose will be nice!