Scarce or not? 3” .38 spl. adj. sight GP100 stainless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wproct

Single-Sixer
I have always been drooling over all the 3 in bbl revolver pics that I see on the gun forums. Then when I saw these Davidson's 3 in bbl adjustable sight .38 spl revolvers, I knew I had to have one. Found a new one at the next gunshow at a good price and jumped on it and never looked back. :D I only shoot .38 spl target loads but have another .357 magnum GP100 revolver should I ever decide I have to shoot some heavier loads. I put the older style full size Lett's grips on mine as I have larger hands and they fit me better than the compacts and I don't carry the revolver. I do have a set of wood combat grips that I rotate to once in a while when I get an itch to see it wearing wood grips.

I don't expect these revolvers to ever be a highly sought after collectable revolver, but it's a moot point as I don't plan to part with mine anyway.

QB

Single-Sixer
wproct said:
I don't expect these revolvers to ever be a highly sought after collectable revolver, but it's a moot point as I don't plan to part with mine anyway.

Right on.......some criticized for buying a GP chambered in .38 SPL and said why not just get one that chambers both. Well I like my cylinders cut for JUST .38 SPL and I am NEVER going to sell mine so I'm not concerned with resale value.

Mine are big heavy house guns along side my semi-auto house guns.....thought I'd have 1 revolver and 1 semi-auto bedside and the same combo at the front of my house. The rest of guns in my safe.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Currently I have 5 GP`s . Here is my .38 special.

I am one of those strange people who actually likes the Hogue grip. They fit my hand like a glove. Good choice Ruger!
All of my GP`s are just super accurate and this one is no exception.

QB

Single-Sixer
My sister loves the Hogue grips also. For some reason the fingergrooves don't hit my fingers at the right place otherwise I would have kept them on one of mine.

wproct

Single-Sixer
I have always been a fan of Hogue grips, and I have the stock Hogue grips on one of my GP100 revolvers, and a couple of sets of Hogue wood grips on my Smith & Wesson revolvers.

I just had a thought, I wonder why Hogue doesn't offer a set of rubber molded grips without the finger grooves just like they do for the wood version? I hear a lot of shooters say they kind of like the Hogue rubber grips but just can't get used to the finger grooves. Seems like the non finger groove rubber grips would solve the problem for a lot of shooters?

I just won a model 1751 on GunBroker for $450 + shipping. Cant wait to get it. I will be putting a different front sight, probably fiber optic and will try to find a set of the rubber grips with inserts. I have a slab of ivory to use for inserts.

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
Nice job Rumrunner! Saw that auction also. Great price on a sweet gun. I have a 1751 on layaway already. I will take a bit of time paying it off but knew I also had to get a 1751 also.
Flatbush

K22fan,
Nice snag on those compact grips. They go for big bucks on ebay.

Flatbush,
Glad you have one on layaway so you didn't outbid me. :lol:

I have been wanting a Wiley Clapp model, but it was too hard to turn this one down.