Stainless Lipsey Flattop Availability 45 LC/ACP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Muddy Creek

Bearcat
Has anyone gotten an order for a Lipsey Stainless Flattop 45 LC/ACp since last Thanksgiving? Been waiting, but they are a no show. Called Lipsey and Ruger and neither will say when or whether or not more are coming.

bishopm14

Bearcat
I picked up a 5.5 inch off of GB a couple weeks ago. Took quite a bit of watching to find a stainless version, the blued ones are abundant but not the stainless. Going from memory, I think the fired case envelope was dated in May 2014.

MSB9021

Bearcat
They were still sending them out as of last week. How do I know this? I found out from my local gun shop today that the one I've been waiting on for about 3 months (4-5/8" stainless) came in last week - and was promptly put in the case and sold to someone who just walked up. I sure as heck hope they are still making/sending them out. Yeah, I'm pissed.

Poco Oso

Buckeye
Jason, You out there? If you haven't talked to him already, try shooting RF forum member, Jason at Lipsey's, a P.M. He's probably the one you want to talk to. I'd definitely be looking for a different dealer. :x

MSB9021

Bearcat
PM sent. I hope he can help. I do love this dealer and have done business there for many, many years, but they have a problem with everyone being on the same page (left hand knowing what the right hand is doing). Thanks!

Ethang

Blackhawk
MSB9021 said:
They were still sending them out as of last week. How do I know this? I found out from my local gun shop today that the one I've been waiting on for about 3 months (4-5/8" stainless) came in last week - and was promptly put in the case and sold to someone who just walked up. I sure as heck hope they are still making/sending them out. Yeah, I'm pissed.

That is terrible. I hope the shop in question is taking care of you for that screw up.

Poco Oso

Buckeye
MSB9021 said:
PM sent. I hope he can help. I do love this dealer and have done business there for many, many years, but they have a problem with everyone being on the same page (left hand knowing what the right hand is doing). Thanks!

I bought a 4 5/8" stainless, about 2 years ago. Nice shooter. (Do the cyl. throats, most likely). My wife suddenly started calling it "her gun" :? One day she brought home a new, blued, 45/8". large frame, New Model Blackhawk conv.. "You like to shoot those big loads, you know. Trade"? Says she. :eek: When Mama's happy...Everybody's happy. :wink: I'm thinking about another one for myself, though. I sure hope they're still in production. Good luck with yours

Muddy Creek

Bearcat
MSB9021 said:

ARG...That is Terrible. Thanks for the info though, I'll let my dealer know and see what's up. Been waiting since around Thanksgiving...

Muddy Creek

Bearcat
Poco Oso said:
MSB9021 said:

I bought a 4 5/8" stainless, about 2 years ago. Nice shooter. (Do the cyl. throats, most likely). My wife suddenly started calling it "her gun" :? One day she brought home a new, blued, 45/8". large frame, New Model Blackhawk conv.. "You like to shoot those big loads, you know. Trade"? Says she. :eek: When Mama's happy...Everybody's happy. :wink: I'm thinking about another one for myself, though. I sure hope they're still in production. Good luck with yours

Thanks. My son got the blue 4 5/8 large frame and he LOVES it. Especially when he shoots the BIG BULLETS (Ruger only handloads). I like stainless and already have several new Vaquero's. So I would like the Lipsey. Besides they don't make a large frame stainless convertible right now that I know of.

Poco Oso

Buckeye
Muddy Creek said:
Poco Oso said:
MSB9021 said:

Thanks. My son got the blue 4 5/8 large frame and he LOVES it. Especially when he shoots the BIG BULLETS (Ruger only handloads). I like stainless and already have several new Vaquero's. So I would like the Lipsey. Besides they don't make a large frame stainless convertible right now that I know of.

No,no stainless, large frame, conv. :( That XR-3 grip frame makes that Lipsey's handle real nice, though. [my opinion], and apparently the wife's too. :wink: Tell your son to have fun with his. I can't think of a more versatile tool.

Muddy Creek

Bearcat
MSB9021 said:

I went to my dealer today, he called Lipsey and what I understand is that Lipsey got 3 in for April and 5 for May. (Stainless 4 5/8) So very low supply right now. Apparently the Lipsey salesman for my dealer hasn't been lucky enough to get one to send to my dealer. So that explains the wait.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I picked up two of them (SS 4 5/8" flat top .45 convertibles) Just too nice to not have more than one. I got them between Thanksgiving and Christmas from Kentucky Gun Co.
They are out of stock at this time,but if you find it in their online catalog and put in a "notify me" request, they will e-mail you as soon as they get one.

bishopm14

Bearcat
I was wrong in my first post. Found the empty case envelope for mine earlier today, dated 04/25, not May as I had thought.

dakota1911

Buckeye
I bought one in 2012 and the case is dated Jan of that year. Still see them in gunstores. We need a picture.

MSB9021

Bearcat
Sorry for dredging up this old post, but yesterday (7/18) my dealer called and they got another one in and held it for me. I bought it and got it out to the range today. I am very happy. All is well! Special thanks to Jason at Lipsey's for making this happen. Lipsey's is the best! My dealer is relieved and I am happy! All in all, a great day! Thanks to all!!

August

Bearcat
Just notified today that another FT 4 5/8 SS became available and now has my name on it.

Thanks again Jason and Lipsey's.

Tom

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I was up at the gun club playing with my two last weekend.
They are two of the most accurate short barreled single actions I own.
They both shoot to the exact same point of aim at 30' with loads below.
I shoot CAS loads mostly for target/plinking.
.45 Colt= RCBS 45-230-CA cast 20:1 over 6 gr. Trail Boss
.45 ACP= same bullet , over 5 gr. Red Dot
all bullets go into 2"< with either load and great fun to shoot.

hvacmedic

Single-Sixer
I saw a 4 5/8" this week at a LGS. They do online sales so let me know if I can hook you up with contact info.