Hunter scope mount options

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tuner

Bearcat
I got a response from Leupold today and here is what they had to say, " The Super Blackhawk hunter uses Ruger #1 rings. However, we unfortunately do not make an offset or extension ring for the #1 configuration in 30mm."

Another one bites the dust! Right now the option provided by gmartinnc in the post above looks like the best bet for mounting a 30mm scope where you need extra space not provided by the dove tail cutouts in the hunter rib.

gmartinnc

Blackhawk
As you can see, the clearance between the rear mount and the frame is very close, and you may have to remove some metal from the mount or it will rest on the frame slightly, preventing full engagement of the barrel clamps.
The only reason I went in this direction was so I could use the Signature Zee rings, and if for some reason I have to remove them, I will go back with the factory rings and lap them as I used to do.
BTW, I noticed that MidwayUSA is now offering free shipping on these as well as the rings.

tuner

Bearcat
After not being able to find any offset 30mm mounts to fit my SBHH I purchased a set of the Burris mounts gmartinnc above used on his SBH as the Weigand mount just was not holding up to the recoil of the .44 mag. I ordered them on a Thursday from Midway and with free shipping they were on my door step the next Monday. I did have to remove about 15 thousands from the section that goes over the frame which I milled off. These mounts have a good "lug" that fits well in the barrel rib cutout and being all steel I expect they will hold up well. Took it to the range today and the first five shots were about 2.5 inches low and right. Made a sight correction and the next five shots at 25 yards cut a one inch group out of the X ring with four shots in one raged hole and the last shot just out of that group opening it up to one inch. My load was a 265 gr. (my alloy) Lyman cast GC bullet pushed by 21.5 gr. 296 which has shot exceptionally well in six different .44 mags. Time will tell if this mount will hold up but I expect it will.

Thanks gmartinnc for the lead on the Burris system.

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
GP-100a.jpg

My GP-100 hunting gun.

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
SHOOTER said:
Oooooooooh! What's that barrel length? Who made the mount??

I got this from Weigand. And I love this setup. Been in the field and on the range and it holds up very well!!

Barrel length is 6".