Re-Assembly Question.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The Blackhawk Kid

Blackhawk
:arrow: I changed hammers on my NM Blackhawk. I put the longer grip frame screw on the right side which holds the hammer pin in. Is this right? The two screws up by the hammer slot are the same? The shortest screw goes in the front of the gf ahead of the trigger guard? Correct me if I'm wrong. I remembered alot changing to s SBH hammer. I reaquainted myself with how the Bhk revolver works. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Bhk 8)

Hugh

Buckeye
Not an expert here. When I disassemble anything, a new model revolver in this case, I always place screws and other parts on the table in the position they were removed. No exception. Then replacing them I return them in the reverse order and position. Never go wrong.

I realize there are folks who do this all of the time and just place the parts in a pile, and put them back.

My way works best for me. If a pin came out from right to left it goes back from left to right; and so on. Hope that helps.

MCPO

Bearcat
The hammer pin can go either way - left or right, so just be sure to place the longer screw in so it will lock the hammer pin in. Your correct on the other screws too.

The Blackhawk Kid

Blackhawk
Thanks MCPO! I'm gonna do like HUGH does. I also found in my Ruger Single actions book where it shows where the screws go. Thanks Guys! p.s. I double checked my work this a.m. and found I'm correct! The long screw won't screw all the way in IF it ain't put together correctly. Old Dogs? Bhk