357 Mag Part 2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LAH

Buckeye
I purchased this sixgun having never owned a Bisley. With small holes in barrel & cylinder plus the big grip frame it was a beast. This picture shows the Ruger.

Top Sixgun

The bottom sixgun in the picture above is my 7 1/2" 45 Colt. I swapped the Bisley equipment to the 45 & put the lighter stuff on the 357. This did help with the weight but it is still a bear to pack. It normally rides in the truck for targets of opportunity.

It think the 7 1/2" barrel looks fine with the standard BH grip frame.

This 357 doesn't qualify as a true tack driver but it isn't bad.

I loaded a 1000 Zero 158 HP bullets over 13.5 grains of AA9 with which to break the Ruger in & fired the last ones Saturday. This load does well though these are cheap bullets. The top 5 shots in the target are this load at 165 yards from the bench.

Time to clean the bore & remove all the jacketed fouling so I can load some real projectiles.

Jim Puke

Hunter
Looks like some good shootin' on the shooter's part.

Nice looking guns.

I have not spent much time with my new Bisley 357, but it is showing real promise. I had only run a few 125 cast bullets through it until Saturday and it, frankly, did not shoot them as well as my others do. I love the 125's for plinking and playing around shooting some longer distances at the range as they shoot so flat.

Saturday, I loaded a few 180's with some 2400 and even with the little that I shot, I could see it start to come into it's own. I will play with the load a little when I go back and really try to get it dialed in.

Then, move on to the 38-150-KT.

LAH

Buckeye
Hopefully your Bisley will come around.

This is the 165 yard target. I was shooting a Bisley Hunter 44 that day so it is pictured on the rest but the 357 is laying on the bench to the right. The target is at the base of the tree leaning to the right.

Target zoomed in.

Its a wonder the group was that good considering the rest.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
The gun might be ok but I shoot like a blind man with a grudge to settle. I'm lucky to hit the backer board at any reasonable distance. :D :D

LAH

Buckeye
Move that target closer Jimbo till you get a good site picture then practice from there.