here she is all cleaned up

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
here is the police service six heavy barrel i bought for $150 the other day, with the grips on and clean and lubed. it does have some specks of surface rust here and there but overall nice looking. i decided to keep these grips as they handle recoil a little better than the smaller ones, but i'll have the others in case i need them. lockup is tight and accuracy up to 10yds is great, shoots straight and hits the bullseye most times. i'm so glad the guy needed turkey supplies, i got a great gun at a great price. i'll just keep it oiled so the rust won't spread. here she is all ready to go.

toysoldier

Hunter
If the bore is clean, the lockup good, and the action works, that was a steal. I picked up a Service-Six .38 a few years ago like that---ebonized finish over stainless, well-used, with a Hogue Monogrip. Paid $180 at a yard sale. That's my bedroom gun. Found a S&W Model 10 last year, finish not so good. Paid more than for the Ruger, but it works perfectly, and is now my front door gun.

A gun is like a woman: if it does what need to be done and doesn't put you in the poorhouse doing it, don't get too fussy about the finish. :wink:

zeus100

Bearcat
toysoldier said:
If the bore is clean, the lockup good, and the action works, that was a steal. I picked up a Service-Six .38 a few years ago like that---ebonized finish over stainless, well-used, with a Hogue Monogrip. Paid $180 at a yard sale. That's my bedroom gun. Found a S&W Model 10 last year, finish not so good. Paid more than for the Ruger, but it works perfectly, and is now my front door gun.

A gun is like a woman: if it does what need to be done and doesn't put you in the poorhouse doing it, don't get too fussy about the finish. :wink:
hey hear what you saying bout the finish, only needed to be done what really needs to be done. but....just got a fairly nice stainless. it has a little "pitting" in the frame, only about 2 mm wide, but its right above the cylinder. it sticks out like zit on a pretty girls face.
Whats the recipe for polishing or honing stainless?

sorry to highjack this thread. guess I'll start a new one too.