.41 Bisley on it`s way back to Ruger.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I just picked up a NIB (advertised as used but nice) 7 1/2" Bisley .41 mag.
I went over it with a fine toothed comb and truly believe it had never been fired outside of the factory and completely flawless in fit and finish `WITH ONE EXCEPTION`.

When the front sight was soldered onto the barrel is was installed at an angle. When aiming the gun as if to fire it, you see the left side of the sight blade and you can see daylight under the rear half of the sight base. I did not see this until I went to shoot it off a rest Sunday. I did fire 6 rounds through it to see if everything else was OK but was expecting that front sight to fall off under recoil.

This gun was made in 2002 so is 12 years old and was still NIB.
I called Ruger this morning to check on repairs that could be done. The nice young lady told me if it left the factory that way they will repair it for free.
It is now on it`s way to Newport NH.
I wish I had taken a before picture but I doubt if the defect would have shown in a picture.

LaneP

Single-Sixer
I'm curious if in a situation like that they would actually repair the sight or just screw in a new barrel.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I am wondering the same thing. We will see. I don`t think that a blued 7 1/2" .41 mag. is in current production. Maybe they will have a spare barrel in stock for such a repair though.
This gun has an absolutely beautiful polish and bluing job compared to recent guns so the match of the finish could be an issue if the barrel is replaced unless they have a similar vintage barrel to use.
I will report when it comes home.

LaneP

Single-Sixer
Please do report how she looks when returned.

I've only returned one pistol to Ruger and that was a 1st gen Vaquero to have the barrel shortened from 7.5" to 5.5".

This was early to mid 90's time frame. They did a fantastic job (cost $75 at the time).